2018 Top 10 Influencers in the Canadian Bookkeeping World
K2E Canada Inc., in association with Intuit® Canada, is proud to announce the launch of the 2018 Top 10 Influencers in the Canadian Bookkeeping World recognition program. This program will recognise the key thought leaders whose efforts left a visible mark on the bookkeeping profession in Canada.
Ward Blatch, CPA CA, CEO of K2E, in announcing the launch, stated, “K2E Canada Inc. has always been in the forefront of providing Canadian bookkeepers with the highest quality technology-focused professional development education. We are pleased to be the lead partner in this new initiative, which will celebrate leadership, achievement and the pursuit of excellence in the Canadian bookkeeping community.
Eligible to be nominated for this recognition are bookkeepers and accountants in public practice, employed bookkeepers and accountants, consultants, and educators who teach bookkeeping and accounting.
The Top Influencers will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Active in the Canadian bookkeeping world in 2017.
- Has contributed to the success of others and the Canadian bookkeeping profession.
- Has had an impact on the continuing evolution of the profession.
- Has directly or indirectly contributed to the prosperity of Canadian small business.
- Is regarded as a thought leader in the bookkeeping community.
- Has been innovative through the creation of new products or services that enhance the work of bookkeepers.
- Has helped to raise the standards of Canadian bookkeepers through education.
The Top 10 Influencers will be selected by an independent panel of judges. These include:
- Colin Ellis – Founder and editor-in-chief of the Canadian Accountant.
- Jack Shand CAE, CMC – Executive partner of The Portage Group.
- Mark Wickersham – A renowned author, mentor and professional speaker in the bookkeeping world.
- Kathy Zigby – Program coordinator for the Bookkeeping Program in the School of Business at Conestoga College of Technology & Advanced Learning. She also runs a bookkeeping practice.
In speaking about the Top 10 recognition program, Jeff Cates, president and CEO of Intuit Canada, stated “The cloud, automation and artificial intelligence are enabling bookkeepers to provide more value to their customers than ever before. The implications of these changes are massive. Skill sets, and the very business models that bookkeepers have been using since before the abacus, are being updated and modernized. These kinds of changes can be daunting. The industry is fortunate to have access to a group of amazing thought leaders. We are proud to help recognise the trailblazers who are having such a profound impact on the Canadian small business landscape.”
The 2018 Top 10 Influencers in the Canadian Bookkeeping World will be announced at a Get Connected event this spring.
To nominate a worthy candidate, or to nominate yourself, go to www.bookkeepinginfluencers.com to review the program’s criteria and submit a nomination. Nominations open March 1 and close March 26.