3 Ways to Become a Future-Forward Firm With TSheets by QuickBooks
Jim Rohn says you’re the average of the people you spend the most time with. No doubt you are influenced by the people closest to you in your life – your family, your friends and your colleagues – but if that line of thinking holds true, shouldn’t your strengths also be tied to what you spend most of your time doing?
Whether you spend the majority of your working hours problem-solving, engaging with clients or honing a specific skill, the area that holds your attention longest is probably where you’ll excel, even if it’s not an area in which you’re trying to improve.
In order to stay mindful of the areas you are trying to improve upon, you have to first arrange your time accordingly and figure out where you want to focus. After that, it’s all about education. That’s always my next step. I like to dive deep into any educational resource I can find that will help me exceed my goals for the new skill or area I am developing.
Similarly, at TSheets by QuickBooks®, we believe education is the key to success, but we also know it’s not always easy to become a future-forward accountant in your spare time. That’s why we have created a certification course that gives you an incredible foundation in TSheets and can help you improve your game. The best part: it can be completed on a lunch break!
Getting started is easy. Accounting professionals sign up for their free-for-life TSheets account by joining the TSheetsPRO program. Joining the program, and then taking the certification course, is one of the best ways to add an additional revenue source to your service offering and understand the variety of ways you could package this service for maximum value. Advantages of the program include:
- Staying current with cloud technology. Technology moves fast, and it shows no signs of stopping. On top of that, none of us are getting any younger. To embrace modern changes as they come, you have to learn how cloud technology can make your contribution to your firm better and more valuable. By reducing the time you spend on each client’s payroll, you’ll save enough time to continue learning and growing in your field.
- Improving trust and gaining confidence. If you’re recommending products, it’s much easier to get your clients to adopt a solution you understand, without a shadow of a doubt, how that solution works and can work for their business. It’s no wonder 93 percent of business owners say their accountants should be certified in the products they recommend. Becoming a certified TSheetsPRO means you’re putting in the time to help yourself and your clients save time and money.
- Growing your practice. Certifications can set you apart in the profession. There is a wide world of accounting professionals for prospects to choose from. To stand out in the sea of greatness, those certification badges, accomplishments and awards demonstrate you’re at the top of your game. Plus, certified TSheetsPROs who are also QuickBooks ProAdvisors® can be featured on our website and gain access to new leads.
Being up to date on the software you recommend to your clients is invaluable and instantly boosts your credibility. Don’t believe us? Take it from the PROs. We asked a few of our TSheetsPROs why they know being certified in a product they recommend is important. Here’s what they had to say:
- “Being a small business consultant is like herding cats sometimes. Being certified lets those other cats know that we know the way to the treasure.” – Robin Hall, VARC Solutions
- “Being certified shows that you care enough to invest your time in mastering a software to better help your clients.” – Joshua Lance, Lance CPA Group
- “[Being certified] shows my clients we care about them and understand the software we recommend.” – Dan Luthi, Ignite Spot Accounting
- “It shows a commitment and a level of knowledge that gives prospective clients trust.” – Caren Schwartz, Time & Cents Consultants
Continued education can lead you to higher earning potential, more client trust and a boost in your professional confidence. Take the next step to becoming a Firm of the Future – one that goes above and beyond what’s expected.