5 Facebook Groups to Help Grow Your Practice
The accounting and tax profession is an amazingly collaborative community. The power of this community is especially strong in the many private Facebook groups that connect you with like-minded individuals. Whether you’re just starting out or a seasoned ProAdvisor®, joining a group is a great way to tap into the collective power of the tribe as you navigate and grow in a changing landscape.
Facebook groups are a helpful place to turn to when you have a question, need advice, validation or even just a place to vent. Groups help you connect with others who understand the work that you do for your clients – and the challenges and wins that come along the way.
Participating in groups is also a great way to stay in the know on the latest industry trends, new product features, new apps and ways of working. We find that many of our accounting partners learn about what’s new in QuickBooks® Online, QuickBooks® Online Accountant, Intuit® ProConnect™ Tax Online and apps from the groups they participate in.
Groups are also about building relationships. We’ve seen many connections form in Facebook groups and then flourish at in-person events like QuickBooks® Connect and Scaling New Heights. The groups often organize get-togethers at major industry events to give everyone a chance to meet face to face. If you’re just starting out, groups can be a good place to find mentors, make friends in the industry and even identify new business opportunities.
There are many great Facebook groups out there for accounting and tax professionals, depending on what you are looking for. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Build Your Best Bookkeeping Practice: Led by Cathy Iconis, this group is for bookkeepers who are starting and building their own bookkeeping practices. The group is dedicated to helping accountants and bookkeepers build a bookkeeping practice that is right for them through training, community, and support.
- Business Workflow and Management & Appasaurus Rex: Moderated by Stacy Kildal and Richard Roppa, this group is a place to discuss work/life integration, workflow and management help, app reviews, and most importantly, a rant and judgement free place to get and give help.
- 5 Minute Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Online: Veronica Wasek started this group to grow as a community helping each other with bookkeeping, QuickBooks, financial, business and business growth topics.
- QB Power User Community: As an extension of the popular QB Power Hour webinar series, Michelle Long and Hector Garcia created this group for accountants, bookkeepers, CPAs, ProAdvisors and QuickBooks Consultants to discuss QuickBooks questions, tips, troubleshooting, apps, bookkeeping, accounting, taxes, starting or growing your business and sharing successes.
- QB Community Live!: Managed by Lynda Artesani and Matthew Fulton, this group believes in the motto “Together We All Succeed.” The group provides a place for members to share their experiences and their challenges, along with opportunities to forge new connections and have a little fun.
Note that the majority of accounting industry Facebook groups are private, including the ones listed above, which means that all discussions are only viewable by approved group members. The groups may ask questions when you request to join to ensure all members are a good fit for the particular group’s charter.