Accountant-improved QuickBooks Online Payroll
Accountants are our strongest partners, and thanks to your feedback, we’ve introduced new features to our suite of payroll services that are important to you. These include automated taxes, auto payroll, and aggregated insights. Although we’re continuing to add more features, we still have work to do. We’re excited to partner with you to build the best payroll solution for you and your clients’ growing needs.
Here are some of the things we heard that are most important to you:
- More control and flexibility. You want greater control over your clients’ employee setup and payroll processes. This includes detailed roles and permissions, where you can decide who observes payroll actions and who takes payroll actions.
- Expert help. You need easy access to payroll experts who have the right skills to give you the help you need, when you need it. You should stay informed during the resolution process, receiving updates every step of the way.
- Time back. You want the ability to efficiently and reliably make changes to your clients’ payroll and tax configurations without having to depend on support.
- Access to information. You want to know the latest in education and industry trends, so that you can confidently and holistically advise your clients while keeping them compliant.
We’re proud to share that over the past year, our teams have released new features based on your needs and feedback, including:
- Improved flexibility and control. A new stand-alone QuickBooks® Online Payroll option for firm-billed clients will allow you to add QuickBooks Online Payroll for clients without a QuickBooks Online subscription. In the past, we bundled some of our products to offer you the best value and make your workflow easier. But, we heard from you that it can be challenging to expand your services if a QuickBooks Online subscription is required. With this new payroll only subscription, you’ll have the flexibility to accept new clients who might only need payroll services with the benefit of managing payroll on QuickBooks Online Accountant without a QuickBooks Online subscription.
- More automation. We have improved Auto Payroll by allowing clients to have the flexibility to choose which employees should be paid automatically. Our new Auto Payroll workflow now includes an employee selection table where clients can see and manage Auto Payroll details, such as eligibility and enrollment, at the employee level.
- Access to HR and benefits. Packed inside QuickBooks Online Payroll, you and your clients now have access to affordable Guideline 401(k) retirement plans through Guideline, HR services through Mammoth, health benefits through Simply Insured, and workers’ compensation through AP Intego.
- Expert help. We’re working hard to improve the quality of our support. This means expanding our team of experts, improving our caller recognition, and expanding expert knowledge across payments and payroll to help you get quick and reliable answers. These changes will help us make additional improvements to get you the best support when you need it.
We’ve released a lot of new features in 2021 and have even more planned. In the coming weeks, we plan to release payroll insights just for accountants. Through QuickBooks Online Accountant, you will be able to view payroll processing dates and blockers, tax payments, and other important information in one place to help stay compliant and resolve issues quickly. This is just the beginning of new accountant-specific user flows that we will start to build in the coming months.
How can I learn more?
Check out the QuickBooks Online Payroll training for ProAdvisors®, available for free, anytime, in your QuickBooks Online Accountant ProAdvisor training portal. Prefer to learn live? We have a two-part webinar series covering the same content that’s running each month. Find the next live events at QuickBooks Accountant University.
You have also told us that you often learn best by “doing.” As a ProAdvisor benefit, you have access to QuickBooks Online Payroll Elite for free through QuickBooks Online Accountant. We encourage you to take advantage of this benefit for your firm’s payroll, and get first-hand experience to support your clients. Your free Elite subscription also comes with Tax Penalty Protection that provides more support and peace of mind so you can confidently run payroll for your employees.
We’re excited to serve you through our connected ecosystem and through our continued partnership with you. Check out Tyler McBroom’s tips for QuickBooks Online Payroll at the video below.