All Your Work, All in One Place: Organization in QuickBooks Online Accountant
Open your email. Open your calendar. Open project management software. Sort, hunt, find, merge, unmerge. Wash, rinse, repeat. I don’t know about you, but I am tired of trying to consolidate all of my to-dos, requests and documents in a way that works so that I’m not dropping the ball for my clients.
Enter the new QuickBooks® Online Accountant (QBOA) – Intuit® is again making positive waves in our profession by providing (at no extra cost, mind you) the all new Work tab. Within Work, you are able to:
- See your work week at a glance, either in Kanban view or list style – your choice. I prefer the Kanban style, but how nice that we now have the option to display our tasks the way WE want them.
- Set up recurring tasks for clients that are both inside and outside QuickBooks Online (QBO). Your client doesn’t have to use QBO in order to put them on the list. Any client, even prospects, can now find a home in Work.
- Send messages to your clients directly to their books. Keep your clients out of your email (Inbox Zero is attainable) and keep all requests and answers in one place. Even for those non-QBO clients!
- Request and share documents securely. This is a game changer! No more expensive subscriptions to secure document transmission and storage; just simply request the bank statement and voila – your client can upload directly into the request. Access it any time you have an internet connection. Reconciling at the beach sounds lovely right about now, doesn’t it?
Along with the new Work tab, the Apps tab is back. Remember how easy it was to find the apps your clients were integrating with QBO? Intuit is making it easy again by bringing back the Apps tab in QBOA. Now, you can see all of your apps, as well as your client’s apps, in one place. Search for new ones, check out reviews and watch demos, right from the comfort of your dashboard.
Finally, let’s not forget about the handy dandy ProAdvisor® tab. Get certified and advanced certified, watch numerous training videos to help you learn more about what QuickBooks can do (and what’s new), set up your Find-A-ProAdvisor profile (did somebody say leads?), and provide resources to your clients as part of your membership.
Intuit has listened to our pleas for consolidation and ease of navigation. If you haven’t already, it’s time to check out QBOA, again, to play with all the new features. Save time, money and headaches. Best of all, no more dropping the ball. It’s now All In One Place!
Editor’s note: Be sure to check out the other articles in our One Place series:
- All Your Work, All in One Place: Rediscover QuickBooks Online Accountant
- All Your Work, All in One Place: Work Tab in QuickBooks Online Accountant
- All Your Work, All in One Place: Communication & Collaboration with QuickBooks Online Accountant
- All Your Work, All in One Place: Trial Balance in QuickBooks Online Accountant
- All Your Work, All in One Place: QuickBooks Self-Employed