Grow Your Practice With the New Canadian Find-an-Accountant Marketplace
The new and improved Find-an-Accountant platform provides a free and easy way to promote your practice and find new clients.
Our initial redesign of the Find-An-Accountant service began in December 2016, and included the opportunity for ProAdvisors® to build more robust profiles within QuickBooks® Online Accountant. By guiding ProAdvisors through the steps to create their strongest possible profiles and adding three new customizable content fields (Social sites, Years in business and Languages spoken), prospective clients can find the perfect ProAdvisor in a snap.
Redesigned to Drive You More, Better Leads
After conducting extensive research with small businesses and gathering feedback from ProAdvisors, we have completely redesigned the profile page and search results experience to provide a crisp, efficient and mobile-responsive interface for small businesses and accountants alike.
These updates are now live on the marketplace in QuickBooks Online, as well as on quickbooks.intuit.ca/find-an-accountant/.
Search Results Experience: Before and After
The original search results experience offered little opportunity for you to highlight your product expertise and areas of specialization. In addition, we heard from both ProAdvisors and small businesses that the Certifications section had little meaning.
The redesigned search results showcase important information, including client reviews and areas of expertise, to provide a comprehensive snapshot of your business that will catch the eye (and interest) of potential clients.
- Refined search fields make it easier for the right clients to find you based on the industries, services and products you support.
- Prominent placement of reviews, and overall star rating, builds trust with potential clients.
- Clearly defined QuickBooks Certifications promote your product expertise.
- A preview of your “About Me” section provides a glimpse into your unique practice.
- Prospective clients can send you a message right from the search results page by clicking on the envelope icon.
- We now show the "Services Provided" field (rather than the previous ‘Industries Served’ field) based on ProAdvisor and small business feedback, allowing you to share more essential information earlier in the decision-making process.
ProAdvisor Profile Pages; Before and After
Prospective clients had to do a lot of scroll-and-click sleuthing to find important information. Additionally, ProAdvisors told us that they wanted more space to include personalized content.
Improved profile page design gives your practice the polished first impression it deserves, and provides new opportunities for prospective clients to learn more.
- Your product expertise is front-and-center with the new QuickBooks Certification section.
- Tout your tenure by completing the new ‘Years in Business’ field.
- The new ‘Social sites’ section provides quick links to your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and blog pages.
Please be aware that if you had previously bookmarked your profile page URL on the old experience in order to send direct links of your profile to your clients, you will need to re-save your bookmarks with the new profile page experience. Otherwise, they will be redirected to the landing page.
The next improvement will include automating parts of the directory so that Core Certification and Advanced Certification are automatically updated on your profile listing when you pass your exam. Currently, all certification is self-reported. We will update the directory with only firms that have at least one QuickBooks Online certified staff member. You can continue to access and edit your profile, but you will not be able to publish to the directory until you are certified. This will come into effect in a few weeks.
Once automation for QuickBooks Online certification is completed, we will automate Desktop certification, so you will not see your desktop badges in the directory until a few weeks later.
Our innovation doesn’t stop here. We’re working hard to make Find-an-Accountant the premiere tool to help you grow your practice and drive small business success. Stay tuned!
Not Yet Listed? Why not? It’s Free!
The Find-an-Accountant directory listing is available exclusively to QuickBooks Online ProAdvisors. Not yet certified? Learn more about our award-winning education and certification program, and get certified to take advantage of all that the free ProAdvisor Program has to offer.