Intuit Announces Top Four Global Firms Of The Future
Four accounting firms from around the world are one step closer to winning the 2016 search for Intuit® QuickBooks® Global Firm of the Future contest. Intuit is celebrating 24Hour Bookkeeper, Hemingway Bailey, Moore Details Bookkeeping and New Wave Business Solutions, the top accounting firms representing Australia, Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, whose entries best demonstrated how they embrace online technologies to grow their practices and meet the dynamic needs of their small business clients.
The contest, an extension of last year’s successful Firm of the Future search in the United States, looked across the globe for the most future-ready and forward-thinking firms worldwide. Since June 2016, firms from Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States entered to vie for the $10,000 USD grand prize and for a shot at the title of 2016 Global Firm of the Future.
“We are beyond ecstatic to unveil the world’s top four Firms of the Future,” said Jim McGinnis, vice president, Intuit Small Business Group, Accountant Segment. “24Hour Bookkeeper, Hemingway Bailey, Moore Details Bookkeeping and New Wave Business Solutions have inspired us with written submissions that showcased how they’ve embraced change and implemented innovative processes that help fuel their success and make a difference in their clients’ lives. These four firms represent the best forward-thinking firms in the industry and we couldn’t be more excited to see what the future holds for each of them.”
Jim McGinnis and a global panel of qualified judges from Intuit’s Small Business Group and Accountant Segment selected the top four finalists who best embody the attributes of Firms of the Future. Each of the top four finalists highlighted their firm’s work, culture and vision, successfully demonstrating why they deserve to be named a Firm of the Future.
The finalists (in alphabetical order) are:
- 24Hour Bookkeeper of Hibbing, Minn. United States
- Hemingway Bailey of Beverley, United Kingdom
- Moore Details Bookkeeping of Quinte West, Ontario, Canada
- New Wave Business Solutions of Broadbeach, Queensland, Australia
The four finalists have entered into the next phase of the contest, where they will now have the opportunity to bring their submissions to life with a creative video detailing what makes their firm a Firm of the Future. Intuit will provide a videographer and producer for filming and work directly with each of the four finalists to create a high-quality video entry. Once complete, the videos will be available in an online gallery on the Firm of the Future website for public voting between October 3-15, 2016.
Additionally, each finalist will also receive a $5,000 USD cash prize and two free tickets to Intuit’s third QuickBooks Connect, October 24-26, in San Jose, California. The grand prize winner will be unveiled at QuickBooks Connect and receive an additional $10,000 USD.
In addition to the four finalists announced today, 15 Firm of the Future runners-up from across the globe were revealed. The 15 runners-up (in alphabetical order) will each receive a cash prize of $2,500 USD. The runners-up are:
- Blueback Accounting of Boise, Idaho, United States
- Fiona Fraser Ltd. of Perth, United Kingdom
- First Base Accountants of Stirling, United Kingdom
- Jody Jordan CPA, PLLC of Olive Branch, Miss., United States
- Legacy Advantage CPA Ltd. of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Mattice Business Services, Inc. of Boca Raton, Fla., United States
- Prevendel Business Solutions Inc. of Richmond Hill, ON. Canada
- Quick Bizness Bookkeeping Solutions of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Reconciled It of Burlington, Vt. United States
- Regional Business Services of Townsville, Queensland, Australia
- Singletrack Bookkeeping of Steamboat Springs, Colo., United States
- Tax Time Services of Ridgecrest, Calif., United States
- UpSide Accounting of Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- WallCPA Professional Corporation of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Xcelerate Business Solutions, LLC of Fort Collins, Colo.