New! Expense Finder in QuickBooks Self-Employed
Ah, the humble shoebox. To the average person, it’s merely a home to a favorite pair of sneakers, but to your Schedule C clients, this shoebox serves a different purpose. It has become the place to store piles of business-related receipts collected throughout the year, and come tax time, you’re the one who has to sort through them all. Sound familiar? Get your clients to ditch the shoebox and get organized in a snap with Expense Finder, a new feature within QuickBooks® Self-Employed that's developed specifically for tax season.
Expense Finder automatically identifies more work expenses for all of TY2016, even for clients who may not have tracked their expenses throughout the year. Once Expense Finder is connected to your client’s bank account, all expenses from 2016 (starting from January 1) are imported into QuickBooks Self-Employed in minutes.
Are you ready to revolutionize your tax season with organized, accurate, ready-to-review data? Just add a new QuickBooks Self-Employed client, straight from within QuickBooks Online Accountant, to get started. From there, it’s just 5 simple steps to tax deduction domination:
1. Your client launches Expense Finder within QuickBooks Self-Employed. When your clients sign into QuickBooks Self-Employed for the first time and select the option, “I haven’t filled my 2016 taxes yet,” they’ll be offered help with their 2016 taxes, using Expense Finder.
2. Your client links QuickBooks Self-Employed to their bank account(s). It’s fast and secure.
3. Expenses are identified, organized and ready to review. Expense Finder automatically finds work expenses and organizes them by Schedule C category. It’s easy for your client to quickly review each transaction, so they don’t miss a thing.
4. Confirm expenses and make adjustments. Your Schedule C clients confirms which expenses they want to include in their return. They can also manually include additional expenses.
5. Export to Excel with one click. Your clients can export their sorted Schedule C expenses to Excel with just one click and send it to you. You receive an accurate, organized summary that’s ready for review.
Get your Schedule C clients started now by creating a new QuickBooks Self-Employed client account from directly within QuickBooks Online Accountant, just as you would create a new QuickBooks Online client. If you don’t currently use QuickBooks Online Accountant, you can refer your clients to sign up for QuickBooks Self-Employed. Either way, your clients will receive a special discounted rate of $4/month for their first 12 months.
With QuickBooks Self-Employed Expense Finder, there’s never been an easier way to make sure your clients get every dollar they deserve this tax season, without paper receipts slowing you down. Get started today!