New! Get Clients Paid Faster With Progress Invoicing
In a nutshell: Waiting until the end of a long project to get paid stresses the mind — and the bank account. That’s why we’re thrilled to announce Progress Invoicing is here! Your QuickBooks® Online Plus clients can now bill customers for ongoing projects and get paid incrementally as they complete stages of a job.
How it works:
When your clients start a project, they establish an overall estimate, then schedule invoices to go out after completing portions of the work. Or, they can also schedule invoices around custom project milestones.
Invoice options now include:
- A total of all estimate lines
- A percentage of each line
- Custom amount for each line
QuickBooks automatically tallies how much has been collected, and how much of the overall estimate remains. Once the job is done, we’ll close the estimate and mark billing as complete.
How to set up:
*Progress Invoicing is available only to QuickBooks Online Plus accounts.
- Access your client’s QuickBooks Online Plus account.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right menu.
- Select ‘Sales’ in the left menu.
- Click the ‘Progress Invoicing’ line.
- Tick the box ‘Create multiple partial invoices from a single estimate’.
- Close out of the settings and access the ‘Sales’ centre.
- Click on ‘Create invoice’ in any estimate to access Progress Invoicing.
Note: This will work with all existing and new estimates.