New QuickBooks Online dashboard to check your clients’ payroll status
If you haven’t seen it yet, you will soon: it’s a new payroll dashboard in QuickBooks® Online Accountant that shows all of your clients’ payroll status on one screen. It’s available for anyone using QuickBooks Online Accountant who has access rights to clients who are using QuickBooks Online Payroll. This means any accountant with clients on Core, Premium, or Elite will have access to this feature!
Seeing everything in one place can save you time, give you more control over payroll tasks, and allow you to access more information in one place.
What does this dashboard do?
The new payroll dashboard gives ProAdvisors® a view of the most important payroll activities:
- When payroll needs to be processed.
- What taxes/filings are coming up.
- Where the client is in the setup process – my favorite feature!
How will it help accountants?
With these views, you can stay on top of the payroll services you provide, or be proactive on important matters impacting your clients if they are processing their own payroll.
My firm has recently undergone changes in team members and added new clients; so having one place to check the status of all- things payroll is a great way to make sure we stay on top of getting our clients set up in a timely manner, as well as making sure payroll is processed on time.
This dashboard has also been especially helpful with the conversions I’ve been having in moving clients from Intuit® Online Payroll to QuickBooks Online Payroll.
Where can I find the payroll dashboard?
The payroll dashboard is a new tab in the Client list when you log into QuickBooks Online Accountant:
Prioritize payroll dates
- Click directly on the client name in the payroll dashboard to get to the Payroll tab in that client’s QuickBooks Online account.
- In the next pay date section, click Due to navigate to that client’s Payroll tab.
- This will make it easier to see the due date and prioritize the client with upcoming pay dates.
Complete payroll setup
- For clients who still need to complete setup, clicking on In progress will take you directly to the client’s payroll screen to complete the next step in the setup:
Stay on top of payroll taxes
- The Tax Payments and Tax Filings Due section will show clickable due items; this is a great feature because it allows you to address these upcoming or past due tasks.
- A notification will pop up if you’re past due, so you can finish those tasks first.
- Clicking on the due items will take you directly to the Payroll Tax tab in the client’s Payroll Tax Center:
You can also check out this short video I created. Check it out below.
The dashboard is currently rolling out to all QuickBooks Online Accountant accounts. Because Intuit rolls out new features in clusters, if you don’t see it now, you should soon!
While the addition of the payroll dashboard may seem like a simple thing, I believe it will have a pretty noticeable impact on how it will help you and your team manage payroll setup, processing and reporting.