Open An Early Holiday Present – a Brighter, Cleaner QuickBooks Online
Starting in December, you’ll see a fresh and clean QuickBooks® Online (QBO) and QuickBooks Online for Accountants (QBOA). To help streamline your accounting and make it more fun, Intuit® redesigned QBO to be a smart, well-lighted place for you to get your accounting done fast.
One of the first changes you might notice is the simple, bright colors and new fonts. The cleaner lettering helps make your information more readable, and the colors help make the important stuff stand out.
Here is an illustration of QBO’s new look and feel, with a comparison of the previous and new Homepage Dashboard.
- In-product guidance: New layout and guided steps get clients started using QuickBooks easily.
- P&L, Sales over time: Updated P&L bar chart is now a line graph, splitting income and expenses over time. Both graphs now let you select the date range.
- Invoice tracker: Easier to read invoice tracker shows both payment status and what’s due.
- Bank accounts: Now, see your bank accounts right on the dashboard.
- Tips: Learn cool tips and tricks to better use QuickBooks and boost your efficiency.
None of the content or tools you use has been removed, but we’ve reorganized a bit.
- Top navigation buttons: All navigation buttons moved to the right. Selected buttons turn green.
- Recent transactions: Recent transactions have been combined with the search transactions menu under the magnifying glass.
Our new, clean look for QBOA. The same look as your clients’ books, but definitely your own.
- Header: The header bar remains green to distinguish your QuickBooks from your clients.’ (This is correct. No change.)
- Left Navigation: Clean navigation bar with lighter background and no icons. A dark green, vertical indicator highlights your selection.
- Full Menu: See the full menu for your practice and your books.
- Primary button: New green color for consistency.
Enhancements to the ProAdvisor® Portal
- New layout: Consistent product design experience across QuickBooks. Simplified color palette reinforces your focus with less distraction.
- Task Cards: Brand new task cards that highlight what’s new in product and important information you should know.
These moves make way for information and tasks you tend to use more often, in order to simplify and delight your product experience.
With a focus on organization, color and fun, the December 2016 improvements also clear the way for additional enhancements in the coming year. These design changes set up QBO and its users for more success in 2017.