QuickBooks Connect Benefits Accountants
I’m a CPA and own a busy and growing accounting firm that consists of clients from medical practices, law offices, real estate, property management companies and families that need accounting services. I’m also a wife and a mom of two kids and have plenty of responsibilities to juggle outside of work, so I only attend conferences that are going to offer me the most value for my investment of time and money.
The QuickBooks® Connect conference in San Jose this October is one conference I will definitely be attending! I’ve been to enough Intuit conferences that I don’t even need to consider whether it will be a good investment or not. My 7 top reasons for attending are to:
- Keep my technological edge. One way my firm differentiates itself is by using cutting-edge technology to streamline the accounting process, so that my clients can decrease their overhead, improve their cash flow and increase their profits. The Intuit® family of conferences helps me ensure that Beach Cities Accounting and our clients are aware of the latest technology.
- Obtain my Advanced Certification in QuickBooks Online. I was one of the first people to be certified in QBO, and I want to be one of the first to be Advanced Certified. I believe QBO is a fantastic product that makes it really easy for families and businesses to get a handle on where their money comes from and where it goes. QBO is constantly improving. Knowing the product is one way I ensure my firm is staying up-to-date and current with the latest developments, so that we can make our clients’ lives easier.
- Stay motivated. Being at Connect, and hearing about the latest updates in my industry, will motivate me to bring my business to the next level. I always walk away from the conferences fired up!
- Enjoy some time away. I really enjoy my work, so working long days and many hours in a week doesn’t bother me. But, no matter how much we enjoy our work, we all benefit from a break now and then. Taking 3 or 4 days to attend Connect is enough outside of my routine that it feels like I’m taking a mini vacation, even though I’m still working.
- Refine my business strategy. We all know we can either work on our business or in our business. Attending the Connect conference allows me the precious time to work on my business and think about my business strategies and goals.
- Network with my peers. It’s impossible to succeed in business all by yourself. Being at the conference is an invaluable opportunity to see my existing colleagues, collaborate with them and meet new ones. This group is like an extended family.
- Learn! Learn! Learn! In real estate, it’s all about location, location, location! But, for a CEO of an accounting firm that provides accounting and business coaching to her clients, it’s all about learn, learn, learn! The more I learn and know, the more I can pass on to my clients. The conference will be a gift that keeps on giving.
The bottom line is that no matter how much I have going on in my business, I’m going to make sure I carve out the time to take advantage of all that attending the Connect conference has to offer. Register today!