QuickBooks Desktop 2017 Certification Exam and Courses – Alert 3
The QuickBooks® Desktop 2017 Certification Exam and Training Modules will be live and ready in your ProAdvisor® Center on Monday, Nov. 21.
Why sent this alert now? Because you have maintained your certification status, we know how important certification is to you.1
Many of you have asked us to let you know when the 2017 exam and training modules will become available. Some of you will want to get started over the upcoming holiday weekend.
Note: There are six versions of this ProAdvisor alert, so another version may be more applicable based on your certification history. Click on any of the links below to view that particular version:
- Alert 1: I’ve never been QuickBooks Desktop certified OR have not been QuickBooks Desktop certified since 2013 or older.
- Alert 2: I’m QuickBooks Desktop certified in 2014 as my most recent QuickBooks Desktop certification, and I am NOT QuickBooks Online certified.
- Alert 3: I’m QuickBooks Desktop certified in either 2015 OR 2016. (The alert you are now reading.)
- Alert 4: I’m QuickBooks Desktop certified in both 2015 AND 2016.
- Alert 5: I’m QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certified.
- Alert 6: I’m QuickBooks Desktop certified in 2014, 2015 and 2016, but not QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certified.
About the Exam
- With 120 questions, this exam will take most people between three to four hours to complete.
- The exam is broken into three sections of 35 questions each, and a fourth section with 15 questions.
- You can complete the sections in any order you like.
- You must complete each section with a minimum passing score of 80%.
- You have four (4) attempts to pass each section.
- After your first attempt, subsequent attempts to pass any section of this exam will include only the test items that were answered incorrectly in the previous attempt.
- Each question is saved as you progress to the next question.
- You may exit the exam at any time and your progress will be saved (this is helpful for those who need to complete the exam experience in more than one sitting). All your progress is saved, so that when you return, you just start from where you left!
- If you fail after all four (4) attempts, you must wait one year from your last try before attempting the exam again.
TIP: If you currently hold 2015, but not 2016 QuickBooks Desktop certification, you may choose to take your 2016 certification first before the 2017 certification. Doing so will allow you to save even more time by taking the shorter 2017 Re-Certification exam, while helping you become eligible for the QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification Exam.
Note: you must hold 2015 and 2016 QuickBooks Desktop certification to have access to the Re-Certification exam.
About the Courses
There are ten optional modules, and each one is offered for CPE credit.2 By popular request, one of the modules focuses entirely on just “What’s New in QuickBooks 2017” for you and your clients.
You may take the training modules before the exam, after the exam, in between attempts or not at all – your choice entirely. Certification doesn’t depend on you taking the optional training – they are there simply to help you learn what YOU need to learn.
Additionally, these training modules remain in your Certification Center until the 2017 Certification is sunset. You can take them at any time before then.
WHY GET CERTIFIED?
Look at the Benefits
Upon successful completion of the QuickBooks Desktop Certification, you will advance to the Gold Tier and receive the following valuable benefits:
- Unlimited U.S.-based phone and chat support from 6 a.m.-6 p.m., PT, Monday-Friday.
- Your profile listed on the QuickBooks’ Find-a-ProAdvisor Website, where there are more than 700,000 visits annually from potential unique clients looking for a local expert.
- The ability to distinguish yourself and build credibility by having authorized use of the Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor Logo on your website and marketing materials.
- Eligibility for CPE credits.2
- Benefit from Intuit’s® proactive marketing campaigns to connect QuickBooks users with Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
- The opportunity to gain additional Certifications, including certification in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, QuickBooks Enterprise and QuickBooks Desktop Advanced.
STRATEGY FOR SEASONED QUICKBOOKS USERS
Because the certification exam helps you discover what skills you need to brush up on, you might choose to use your first attempt as an assessment (remember, you get FOUR attempts to achieve a passing grade of 80% on the exam). If this sounds good to you, go directly to your exam and see how you do. If you pass, you are done! If you do not pass, no worries – If you require subsequent attempts to pass any section of this exam, your re-test will include only the test items that were answered incorrectly. You can then take just the training that you need, and use your remaining three attempts to pass the exam at 80%.
Alternately, you could choose to take all the training (or maybe just some of it – your choice) and then take the exam.
The best part is that you get to determine your own learning path, and we let you know where you might need training!
Tip: If you have passed your 2015 Certification, we recommend taking the 2016 Certification first, so that you can take the 2017 re-certification exam. The re-certification exam can be accomplished in half the time.
WE ARE READY TO HELP
Your ProAdvisor Team is ready to help. If you need a hand in accessing the new certification after Nov 21, click here to chat with a U.S.-based agent, or call us at 1-888-333-3451.