Alert 4: QuickBooks Desktop 2017 Certification Exam and Courses
The QuickBooks® Desktop 2017 Certification Exam and Training Modules will be live and ready in your ProAdvisor® Center on Monday, Nov. 21.
Why sent this alert now? Because you have maintained your certification status, we know how important certification is to you.1
Many of you have asked us to let you know when the 2017 exam and training modules will become available. Some of you will want to get started over the upcoming holiday weekend.
Note: There are six versions of this ProAdvisor alert, so another version may be more applicable based on your certification history. Click on any of the links below to view that particular version:
- Alert 1: I’ve never been QuickBooks Desktop certified OR have not been QuickBooks Desktop certified since 2013 or older.
- Alert 2: I’m QuickBooks Desktop certified in 2014 as my most recent QuickBooks Desktop certification, and I am NOT QuickBooks Online certified.
- Alert 3: I’m QuickBooks Desktop certified in either 2015 OR 2016.
- Alert 4: I’m QuickBooks Desktop certified in both 2015 AND 2016. (The alert you are now reading.)
- Alert 5: I’m QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certified.
- Alert 6: I’m QuickBooks Desktop certified in 2014, 2015 and 2016, but not QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certified.
Because you hold 2015 and 2016 QuickBooks Desktop Certifications, you are eligible to take the shorter “ProAdvisor Re-Certification Exam” that focuses on “What’s New in QuickBooks 2017.”
About the Exam
- You have one (1) section to complete on “What’s New in QuickBooks 2017” with 15 questions.
- You must complete this section with a minimum passing score of 80%.
- You have four (4) attempts to pass this section.
- After your first attempt, subsequent attempts to pass this section of this exam will include only the test items that were answered incorrectly in the previous attempt.
- Each question is saved as you progress to the next question.
- You may exit the exam at any time and your progress will be saved (this is helpful for those who need to complete the exam experience in more than one sitting). All your progress is saved, so that when you return, you just start from where you left!
- If you fail after all four (4) attempts, you must wait one year from your last try before attempting the exam again.
About the Courses
There are ten optional modules, and each one is offered for CPE credit2. By popular request, one of the modules focuses entirely on just “What’s New in QuickBooks 2017” for you and your clients.
You may take the training modules before the exam, after the exam, in between attempts or not at all – your choice entirely. Certification doesn’t depend on you taking the optional training – they are there simply to help you learn what YOU need to learn.
Additionally, these training modules remain in your Certification Center until the 2017 Certification is sunset. You can take them at any time before then.
WHY GET CERTIFIED?
Look at the Benefits
Upon successful completion of the QuickBooks Desktop Certification, you will advance to the Gold Tier and receive the following valuable benefits:
- Unlimited U.S.-based phone and chat support from 6 a.m.-6 p.m., PT, Monday-Friday.
- Your profile listed on the QuickBooks’ Find-a-ProAdvisor Website, where there are more than 700,000 visits annually from potential unique clients looking for a local expert.
- The ability to distinguish yourself and build credibility by having authorized use of the Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor Logo on your website and marketing materials.
- Eligibility for CPE credits.2
- Benefit from Intuit’s® proactive marketing campaigns to connect QuickBooks users with Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
- The opportunity to gain additional Certifications, including certification in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, QuickBooks Enterprise and QuickBooks Desktop Advanced.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – For QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification
If you are interested in getting your QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification, you must first be current in the three most recent years of QuickBooks Desktop certification, which, starting Nov. 21, will be 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Once you complete the 2017 QuickBooks Desktop certification, you will gain access to the QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification Exam and upon completion, advance to a Diamond Level Member with access to Diamond Level Benefits like Unlimited VIP US-based Phone Support - get front of the line benefits and care from our most tenured Diamond agents.
If you are QuickBooks Desktop certified in 2014, 2015 and 2016, you can also complete your QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification before the QuickBooks Desktop 2017 certification launches on Nov. 21.
WE ARE READY TO HELP
Your ProAdvisor Team is ready to help. If you need a hand in accessing the new certification after Nov 21, click here to chat with a U.S.-based agent, or call us at 1-888-333-3451.