QuickBooks Online Accountant – an amazing tool just for you!
Are you using all of the time-saving features in QuickBooks® Online Accountant? Chances are, you aren’t! It always amazes me that I still find accounting professionals who log in to their client’s QuickBooks Online files directly instead of using QuickBooks Online Accountant to access their client files. There are SO MANY reasons you want to use QuickBooks Online Accountant if you have clients who use QuickBooks Online! QuickBooks Online Accountant sits “on top of” your client QuickBooks Online files and is provided at no charge to ProAdvisors, enabling you to manage and collaborate with your clients like never before.
QuickBooks Online Accountant is packed with amazing tools to help you save time! Here are some of my favorites:
One log-in across all your QuickBooks Online clients. The first big time-saver is that you only have to remember one log-in, across ALL of your QuickBooks Online clients. Once your clients invite you to their QuickBooks Online account(s) and you accept, you’ll see those clients in your Client List on your QuickBooks Online Accountant home page. From there, you’ll be able to easily share real-time access with clients to the most updated file versions and work in their QuickBooks Online account at the same time as your client, and your team members. Also – you don’t take up a billable seat in your client’s file if you access their file through QuickBooks Online Accountant.
Open multiple clients at once. Using QuickBooks Online Accountant, you can open multiple windows to jump between clients at will – no need to log in and out of individual client accounts!
Accountant Toolbox. The Accountant Toolbox holds essential “accountant-only” work tools, reports and shortcuts inside your clients’ QuickBooks, so you can take actions without missing a beat. This includes reclassifying transactions in bulk, running trial balance, exporting tax-ready data, and voiding and deleting transactions, and more!
Manage every single client. You’re able to manage all of your clients, even those not on QuickBooks Online! You can view key statuses such as their last bank date reconciled, as well as manage key tasks and deadlines for each client. Of course, it works BEST if your clients are on QuickBooks Online since you can literally just click in to each client file from QuickBooks Online Accountant, and the two “talk to each other,” but it’s pretty cool that you can keep on top of QuickBooks Desktop client tasks and deadlines as well, and even clients who are not using QuickBooks at all!
Sophisticated and secure communication. Today, it’s vital to be able to communicate with your team and your clients from anywhere, at any time. Whether it’s sending messages, notifications, documents, insights or even customized reports, QuickBooks Online Accountant allows you to do this without leaving your workflow. Here are some of the benefits of this enhanced communication:
- Securely message clients, share documents, and consolidate notes and contact info from a single dashboard.
- QuickBooks clients can track your requests by due date so you’ll get what you need on time.
- Easily reference shared notes, documents and client information in your client list.
Amazing practice management tools. Inside QuickBooks Online Accountant you will find world-class Practice Management tools to help you get a bird’s-eye view of all your clients and projects, and work more efficiently so you never miss a deadline. These tools were developed by our QuickBooks Product Managers working closely with ProAdvisors® to develop tools that really solve the challenging issues you face when managing a team of accountants and/or bookkeepers. Here are some of the value-added features included at no charge:
- Add all your team members, and assign them only the clients they need to work on.
- Create projects and tasks, assign them to yourself or your team members, track their progress, review your daily, weekly and monthly deadlines, and more.
- Setting up projects is fast and easy with pre-filled QuickStart Templates. Eliminate manual prep and ensure consistency no matter the job, or staff person doing them, from payroll, to taxes, to bookkeeping.
- Enable work notifications to stay organized across your firm as projects move along. Your team members receive real-time email and/or Slack alerts about new assignments, updates, due dates and more.
Full integration with Slack. Speaking of Slack, a full integration is built into QuickBooks Online Accountant. This allows you to take advantage of one of the most popular communication tools, and not leave QuickBooks Online Accountant to do it!
Evaluate new clients quickly, and manage them all the way through tax: You’ll not only be able to evaluate new clients quickly with the new “overview tab” in QuickBooks – now including the new transaction volume card – but you’ll also be able to prepare your clients’ books for tax with Prep for Taxes, and then import the data right into Intuit® ProConnect™ Tax Online!
Easily add apps for your firm and client from the Apps tab:
- Click on the “Apps” tab – Choose the app you want to add to your firm or to your client’s QuickBooks Online.
- Click “Get app now” – Start the process of syncing the app.
- Choose who gets billed for the app – Your client or your firm.
Which feature are YOU most excited about? As you can see, there are so many powerful tools available right now and they’re all provided to you free of charge, as long as you have at least one client on QuickBooks Online that is attached to your QuickBooks Online Accountant. Be sure to take advantage of these features to take your practice and your clients’ experience to the next level, and let me know which feature YOU like the most!