QuickBooks Online Advanced is coming to QuickBooks Online Accountant
Starting in March, rather than working on a client in QuickBooks® Online Accountant and using QuickBooks Online Plus to manage your firm, you’ll have QuickBooks Online Advanced, with fingertip access to a ton of new features, all at no cost, and without loss of data or functionality.
“Accountants hold themselves accountable like no one else, and the time couldn’t be better to help our users succeed and build their practices with these workflow tools,” said In Yun, a product manager who led the integration. “We are also always adding new features to Advanced, so we are excited to provide accountants with access to our most robust QuickBooks Online product!”
What you need delivered, how you want it
Key to these coming changes are customization features to successfully run your unique firm: servicing your niches, maintaining your charts of accounts, and the needs of your many and diverse clients. The last thing you need is a strictly out-of-the-box solution. Now you’ve got a lot more. Here are some of the ways Advanced will improve your workflow:
- Custom fields. Track and analyze unique data at any granularity to better run your business. Intuit® now supports 48 custom fields, with up to 12 fields each for customer, vendor, sales forms, purchase order, and other expenses. Users can sort, filter, group, and display information in columns of fields in three reports: custom contact list, vendor contact list, and unpaid bills.
- Custom chart builder. This frequently requested feature allows users to up-level advisory services by creating custom KPI dashboards for clients. The new chart-builder feature empowers your clients to make better-informed and faster business-critical decisions. In addition, these enhancements allow users to set a comparison while creating a custom chart, allowing for comparing key data against the same period in the previous year. Pre-set charts also include viewing business performance over the fiscal year under a “time period” option.
- Custom roles expansion. Soon, you’ll be able to customize user access and ensure the right people see the right information inside your firm. Through custom roles expansion in Advanced, you can get even more granular with more pre-set roles to use and expand.
That’s just the beginning. You can track business performance at a glance and gain deeper insights with customizable, presentation-ready reports with the performance center. You can spend less time sending invoices and managing expenses by editing multiple bills and checks in just a few clicks with batch transactions. You will reduce manual processes, such as reminders, emails, and overdue notices with workflows, as well as automate approvals and more, with tasks.
Over the upcoming weeks, we’ll be sharing some of the ways accountants like you plan to use Advanced in their firm. In the meantime, use this guide to get answers to some Frequently Asked Questions, access trainings, and read some of our favorite articles on Advanced to date:
- 4 reasons why Seth David loves QuickBooks Online Advanced
- How Matthew Fulton and Lynda Artesani use Advanced Tasks to enhance their workflows
- Mario Nowogrodzki share’s how QuickBooks Online Advanced has helped his firm support mid-market clients.
- Track your data with custom fields
Frequently Asked Questions
What is changing?
You are currently able to manage your firm’s books within QuickBooks Online Accountant using the same features as QuickBooks Online Plus. At Intuit, we’re committed to providing you with access to the top features and functionality throughout the QuickBooks Online ecosystem. To ensure you have all the tools needed to manage and grow your firm, we are upgrading this experience to QuickBooks Online Advanced for all QuickBooks Online Accountant firms in the United States.
When are these changes taking place?
Beginning in March 2021, we will begin migrating existing accountants to Advanced. To ensure that these features are working properly, the rollout will occur over a multi-week period. Our goal is to provide you access to these tools by the end of April, but sometimes we encounter unexpected delays. To ensure that we don’t interfere with your critical tax time work, we will not migrate any accountants between April 1 and April 15.
I like my current experience – are any existing features going away? Am I going to have to learn how to use a new product?
No, all of the features currently available in “Your Books” will remain. There will be new tabs added to the left-hand navigation, appearing in +New and settings, but none will be removed. If you’re happy with how you are currently managing your books, you can continue to do so.
Do I need to take any action for my firm to be upgraded?
No, you do not have to do anything to see this change. All current QuickBooks Online Accountants firms will be upgraded automatically. You will be notified in-product when those changes are made.
Where can I learn more about the upcoming changes?
We will be demoing this new experience during our monthly In the Know webinar on February 19 at 11 a.m., PT (2 p.m. ET). Register here.
How can I familiarize myself with QuickBooks Online Advanced?
We recently released our new QuickBooks Online Advanced specialty training within the QuickBooks Online Accountant ProAdvisor® training tab. This self-paced training walks you through Advanced’s key features and helps you identify which of your clients might benefit from Advanced. Get started now (you must log in to complete the training).
We also host three unique monthly ProAdvisor webinars that specifically cover QuickBooks Online Advanced. You’ll learn how to use Advanced, when a client is ready to upgrade, and how to migrate them from their existing QuickBooks product.