QuickBooks Online New Features and Improvements – August 2017
Whether you choose to crank up the A/C or pitch a tent in the frozen food aisle of your local supermarket (hey, we’re not judging), August is a month where keeping cool is key. Grab a spot in the shade and check out this quick recap of the latest enhancements and updates in QuickBooks® Online.
- Pay bills electronically within QuickBooks Online
- New and improved! The QuickBooks Online desktop app
- A faster Your Account page in QuickBooks Online Accountant
- Price increase notice
Pay bills electronically within QuickBooks Online
Powered by Bill.com, the new Bill Pay feature allows users to pay bills electronically directly within QuickBooks Online. Pay vendors and contractors via ACH or paper check without ever leaving QuickBooks, and upload invoices into QuickBooks Online to convert them into a bill or vendor credit. Your accounting is done for you—bill payments are automatically recorded and linked to bills.
We’re rolling out Bill Pay in waves, and it’ll be available to all users in the near future. If you’d like to sign up for Bill Pay now, our Care team can help you get started. Learn more here.
New and improved! The QuickBooks Online desktop app
The new QuickBooks desktop app has arrived, and it’s cooler than the other side of the pillow, friends. New technology means greater app stability, faster loading speeds, and a better overall experience for you.
With the new app, you’ll be able to:
- Stay signed in. By leaving the app open, you no longer need to login every time you want to check your books.
- Work in multiple windows. Designed for accounting professionals and QuickBooks power users with more than one monitor, multiple windows allow you to power through projects with ease.
- Save time with keyboard shortcuts. Menu items and keyboard shortcuts make it easy to navigate through the app quickly, without having to click between screens.
A faster Your Account page in QuickBooks Online Accountant
We’re always trying to improve QuickBooks Online Accountant to bring partners like you the best experience possible. A large part of making things easier includes ensuring our product matches your pace (and boy, do you move fast)! Now, the Your Account page loads more quickly than ever before, resulting in super-speedy access to your client list and search results.
More information on the price increases and answers to Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
That’s all for now! We’ll have more updates for you in September. Until then, plant yourself in front of the fan and think chilly thoughts (a polar bear plunge sounds mighty refreshing right about now).