QuickBooks Online New Features and Improvements - December 2016
December has seen a number of big changes for QuickBooks® Online (QBO) and QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA), including a new look, and a number of new features and functions. Here is a rundown of the most recent improvements. To review our previous November changes, click here, and be sure to register for our December webinar; more information on the webinar is included at the end of this article.
A New Streamlined, More Consistent Look Across QuickBooks' Products
We’ve given QuickBooks Online (QBO) a makeover! These changes are designed to make it easier to find and use features and functionality in QBO, QBOA, QuickBooks Self-Employed, Payroll, Payments and other products. Click here to see the changes.
Example of the Customer dashboard:
More Integration of QuickBooks Self-Employed with QBOA: Create a New QBSE Account Directly from QBOA
Keeping Schedule C clients organized has always been a challenge. QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE) simplifies your tax season with powerful data and automation features, including:
- Accurate, review-ready data. With QBSE, your Schedule C clients can connect securely to their bank accounts, and easily separate business and personal transactions. The QBSE mobile app captures receipt images directly, so they have a convenient and accurate record of every transaction.
- Maximize potential tax deductions. The QBSE mobile app also automatically records your clients’ mileage, with locations and purpose; as a result, they get more potential deductions, effortlessly.
- Access QBSE client data direct from QBOA. Access your QBSE accounts anytime, straight from QBOA, for seamless collaboration with your Schedule C clients. QBSE clients can invite you to their QBSE account, and starting this month, you can create a new QBSE account directly from QBOA, using the add-a-client workflow (note: wholesale billing will be available in a future phase of integration).
Adding a Client to QBOA
You asked us to streamline the process of adding new clients to QBOA, so we reduced the “Add Client” workflow from three steps to just one. Here’s an example of the new screen:
Now, you simply click the “Add Client” button in the top right corner of your client dashboard, scroll down the Window and input the basic information. This redesigned page also makes it easier to compare wholesale and direct discount subscription costs. The direct discount is available to ProAdvisors®, with the clients paying the fee. Wholesale discounts are deeper, with 50 percent off for the life of the subscription – so you can add QBO into the services you provide to your clients with exclusive discounts (you will be billed instead of the client). It’s now also easier to sign up for the wholesale plan.
Find-a-ProAdvisor: Redesigned to Bring You More Business
We recently introduced the first phase of a major effort to redesign and improve the Find-a-ProAdvisor directory. This carefully planned redesign will help build stronger connections between small businesses and ProAdvisors. Upgrades include:
- A more robust Edit Profile tab in the QBOA ProAdvisor Center, with details on the number of profile views, leads and clicks on your social links.
- An easier way to preview exactly how your profile will appear in the directory.
- More prominent “Advanced ProAdvisor” designations.
- Certifications that more clearly demonstrate your product expertise to the 700,000 small businesses that search the directory each year.
This is just the first of several steps we will take to upgrade Find-a-ProAdvisor. Our next major enhancement will be an improved user search experience. Click here to get more information about these changes and how to sign up for the ProAdvisor program.
More Help to Get Started With QBOA
Getting started with QBOA has never been easier. For accountants new to QBOA, we’ve introduced new refreshed cards that explain a number of key features and benefits. These new cards offer:
- A short video overview of key QBOA features.
- Exclusive wholesale discounts available, when you add QBO to your client service lines (five QBO subscriptions for $25 per month).
- Information on how to get certified and on the benefits of becoming a QBO expert.
- A link to more details on timesaving accounting tools.
- Free training and certification programs you can use to improve client support.
QBO Smart Invoice Available Online and on Mobile Devices
Now, your clients can spend less time chasing invoices, or wondering if their customers received or read their invoice. Previously only available on the QBO Mobile App, but now available online as well, QBO simplifies the process, with Smart Invoice for the web. This new feature notifies users when invoices have been sent, viewed by the recipients and paid.
Smart Invoice for the Web helps your clients get paid faster. Plus, we have eliminated the 50 cents-per-transaction ACH fee, so users can now have their invoices paid with free ACH bank transfers.
New Faster Invoicing Setup
Now, there is a new simplified set up experience for new customers when they start using QBO; the new experience has fewer set up screens so that your clients can start using QuickBooks faster. And, if clients select that invoicing is important, QuickBooks will put them directly into the new invoicing set up flow, where clients can customize an invoice for their business, select how they want to accept payments and send their first invoice. This all helps them get paid even faster.
Sign up For the December Webinar
In just one concise webinar on Wednesday, Dec. 21, at 11 am PST, you can learn about all of these new features and improvements. The webinar is presented by our product experts, so you’ll get the most up-to-date information possible on how to use these new features and how to help your clients maximize their use of QBO as well. Register today.