QuickBooks Online New Features and Improvements – December 2018
As winter wields its frigid fury, now’s the perfect time to gather the family ‘round a crackling fire for a staple of the holiday season: story time.
At a loss for a good yarn? Let me dust off one of my childhood favorites. It’s got soul. It’s got heart. It’s got batch transactions.
It’s called December QuickBooks® Online Updates…and goes something like this.
What’s new in December
In a nutshell: The new-and-improved ProAdvisor Program offers exclusive benefits and resources for growing your firm and expertise. With our redesign, we’ve taken feedback directly from accounting pros to make it even easier for you and your clients to succeed—and that much sweeter when you do.
How it works: You’re automatically eligible to join the ProAdvisor Program just by signing up for QuickBooks Online Accountant. From there, you’ll earn rewards for the everyday work you already do.
Here are some of the exciting changes you’ll find with the new ProAdvisor Program:
- Better rewards: We listened to accounting pros and added impactful new benefits you want most—such as marketing resources, master training, and preferential support.
- More tiers: We’ve expanded from three tiers to four to better recognize and reward our top pros. Unlock a variety of perks at the entry tier, with an even bigger payoff as you rise through the ranks.
- Easier ways to earn rewards: We’ve created a new points system to give you more flexibility in moving up tiers and unlocking benefits. Earn points just by doing things you naturally do to grow—like training, adding clients, and attaching software.
Find the full list of ways to earn points here.
- Improved in-product experience: Dive straight into self-paced training courses, plus get a bird’s-eye view of your total point balance, current tier, and a list of rewards you’ve earned.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out a full overview of the new ProAdvisor Program here.
Or get quick answers to ProAdvisor FAQs here.
In a nutshell: Getting new clients is one of the most exciting parts of your job—that is, until you try to make sense of their books. Facing the usual muddled mess, it’s hard to know where to begin cleaning things up or how much to charge.
Say goodbye to the guessing game. With Client Overview, you get at-a-glance clarity into your client’s company, financial behavior, and most urgent problems. Save time on initial analysis to start helping sooner, and make informed decisions about pricing now and down the road.
How it works: To access Client Overview, log in to your client’s QuickBooks Online through your QuickBooks Online Accountant. Then select the Overview tab from the left navigation.
Everything you’d want to know about your newest client is broken into handy categories, all on one page:
- Company setup: Get an instant intro with a rundown of your client’s QuickBooks subscriptions, integrations, and apps.
- Banking activity: View clients’ banking activity and transactions to get a sense of their business behavior and the effort it will take to get their books cleaned up.
- Common issues: Pinpoint client stumbling blocks so you know just where to start working, and what type of ongoing support they’ll need.
Once you’re ready to take action, use shortcut links to jump straight to key areas—such as transaction reports, bank accounts, and the reconciliation tab.
Get a full breakdown of the features and benefits of Client Overview here.
In a nutshell: This is the top payments-related request among accountants, and we’re thrilled to announce it’s here! Your clients who use QuickBooks Payments will now have their money deposited in the bank the next business day after a qualifying credit or debit card transaction. No extra fees, no extra waiting.
(Hear that? It’s the sound of your clients not calling to ask where their money is. Lovely.)
How it works: No mystery here. Your clients simply accept credit or debit card transactions as usual. In most cases, we’ll deposit the funds the next business day. If the payment goes through after 3 PM PT, the deposit will appear one business day later.
To review a deposit:
- In QuickBooks Online, select Sales or Invoicing from the left navigation.
- Select the Deposits tab along the top.
For help verifying the deposit schedule, settling customer disputes, and more, read deposit FAQs here.
In a nutshell: Tax time is hard enough without having to hound your clients’ contractors for their W9s—so we’re doing it for you! QuickBooks will now collect a signed W9 from contractors your clients hire, sparing you crucial hours during your busiest season as well as potential trouble from the IRS.
How it works: Simply enter the contractor’s name and email in QuickBooks Online. After that, you don’t lift a finger. We’ll reach out to collect their W9 info and even get their e-signature.
Once everything’s ready, we’ll populate the contractor’s profile with the right details, plus leave a PDF of their W9 that you can download come tax time. The PDF will be waiting for you in the Contractors page, under Documents.
In a nutshell: Ah, the snowball. As a kid, it’s the ultimate symbol of winter fun. But as an adult, it often represents the numbing accumulation of work tasks. Thankfully, you no longer have to let monotony freeze your day.
With our new Manage Routines feature in QuickBooks Online, you and your clients can now automate a variety of tedious time-suckers—such as alerting customers to outstanding invoices, marking invoice memos, and setting up bill reminders—and keep your days productive.
How it works: Under the gear icon in QuickBooks Online, select Manage Routines from the list of Tools.
This will take you to the Manage Routines page, where you can pick from a selection of templates to get started. We’ve added four of the top-requested routines so far, with more on the way.
You can customize routine settings based on your and your client’s preferences. For example, if you choose to automate payment-receipt notifications, you can have it only go out to certain customers or if the payment surpasses a certain amount, plus edit the message customers see.
Once you’ve created and saved a routine, it will appear under Your routines. You can turn routines on or off, or delete them altogether, using an easy dropdown.
Turn on routines in QuickBooks Labs to give this new feature a test run. Find directions here.
For a fuller demo, watch this video:
That’s all for now, folks.
Until next time, as always, keep your feet on the ground…and your books in the cloud.