QuickBooks Online new features and improvements – December 2019
The season of giving and cheer is upon us! In that spirit, we’re giving you a peek at all the new features in QuickBooks® Online.
What’s new in December
In a nutshell: When it comes to tracking employee time efficiently, TSheets by QuickBooks now packs a powerful one-two punch. To provide greater functionality for a wider variety of businesses, we’re expanding our TSheets lineup into two separate offerings: TSheets Premium, which keeps all the time-tracking features you know and love, and TSheets Elite, which gives you all the power of Premium, plus some great new features.
The new TSheets Elite offering is specifically designed for project-based businesses with a mobile workforce. It delivers a suite of timesaving features to keep your teams better connected while efficiently managing your projects.
How it works: With TSheets Elite, you get exclusive access to all the capabilities your teams need to deliver projects on time and on budget, including:
- Project time tracking: Eliminate surprises and make better business decisions with real-time comparisons of your project’s budgeted hours to final hours worked.
- Enhanced profitability monitoring: Integrate TSheets Elite with QuickBooks Online for a more complete picture of project profitability, labor expenses, and other key information.
- Geofenced timesheet reminders: Create job site boundaries that give employees automatic clock in/out reminders as they come and go, giving you more accurate reporting on their timesheets.
- Improved team collaboration: Keep everyone on the same page with an in-app activity feed and project-based communication hubs to help keep a close eye on all your projects as well as document progress.
- Faster timesheet authorization: Using digital signature capturing, managers and clients can easily sign off on completed timesheets right from the mobile app.
Want to learn more about TSheets Elite? Visit our website or watch the following video to see if TSheets Elite might be a good fit.
Ready to get started? Here’s a brief overview of the product pricing:
- TSheets Premium: $8 per user, plus $20 base fee (monthly, includes 1 free admin).
- TSheets Elite: $10 per user, plus $40 base fee (monthly, includes 1 free admin).
Bottom line? Both product offerings deliver all the great benefits you’ve come to expect from TSheets, and gives you the power to choose the features that are right for how your team works.
In a nutshell: New additions to GoPayment functionality make it simple for you accept payments — anytime, anywhere. With great new features and full QuickBooks integration, users can save time and effort in taking and tracking mobile payments.
How it works: With these new GoPayment features, users can now do the following:
Accept invoice payments: Access open invoices by customer and take payments, then watch these invoices and payments automatically reconcile in QuickBooks.
Accept customer payments: Get payments from customers, even if they don’t have open invoices, and apply as a credit to future invoices.
Track deposit status: Monitor outstanding payments and see when they hit your account.
Don’t have the GoPayment app yet? You can download the GoPayment app using the links below to start enjoying these benefits immediately.
In a nutshell: With new Assisted Payroll features, you can add more employees to your business without adding to the complexity of your payroll. Starting this month, QuickBooks Desktop can support 250 employees per payroll run — almost double the previous count. This means fewer payroll runs for large businesses, helping you cut down on manual reconciliations and busy work, and letting you focus on the other important items on your to-do list.
For more information, check out this article.
In a nutshell: The U.S. ProAdvisor® training portal now includes new training modules and certification exams for Core and Advanced, giving you more opportunities to expand your product knowledge and stay up to date with recent innovations, and grow your confidence.
New for QBO Core:
- Self-paced training (8 modules, ability to earn 14.5 CPE credits).
- New module reviews to help you prepare for the exam.
- Includes product enhancements released throughout the year.
New for QBO Advanced:
- Self-paced training (10 modules, ability to earn 13 CPE credits).
- New module reviews to help you get ready for the exam.
- Highest certification to flaunt your expertise.
In a nutshell: The QuickBooks Self-Employed Taxes tab has been reimagined to provide users with more guidance and insights. Whether you’re viewing annual or quarterly data, the modular “Drawer” design and at-a-glance reporting capability helps users turn data into deductions faster. In addition, new Action Cards help nudge you toward actions that maximize your deductions, helping you avoid leaving money on the table when it comes to your taxes.
How it works: The “Taxes” tab in QuickBooks Self-Employed now takes you to the redesigned page, which defaults to this year’s data. From there, you can select data from previous years or for an individual reporting quarter.
New page features include:
- User-friendly visualization of taxable business profit and deduction data.
- Action Cards that help guide and motivate users.
- “Can I Expense” tool that lets customers view top deductions by industry.
- Separated vehicle and home office expense reports let customers compare methods.
In a nutshell: Starting this month, all three tiers of the new QuickBooks Online Payroll lineup will be available to your new clients or current QuickBooks Online clients adding payroll.
How it works: For longtime users of QuickBooks Online Payroll, you might still be wondering how the new tier structure compares to the previous model. Here’s a brief rundown of how the new tier names map to the previous ones:
- Core: A more robust version of QuickBooks Online Enhanced Payroll.
- Premium: A more robust version of QuickBooks Full Service Payroll.
- Elite: An entirely new payroll product with all the features of Premium, plus other great benefits like a personal HR advisor, a tax penalty-free guarantee and access to TSheets Elite.
Check out all the pricing and feature details here.
That’s all for now, folks.
Until next time, as always, keep your feet on the ground … and your books in the cloud.