QuickBooks Online new features and improvements—February 2022
Valentine’s Day may be over, but the love we have for our customers lasts all year. Check out these updates and product enhancements that’ll last longer than flowers and chocolate—and will help you get more done this (short) month.
What’s new in February
In a nutshell: We’re pleased to introduce the ProAdvisor® Preferred Pricing revenue share program, designed to help you better serve your clients while rewarding you for new signups.
The revenue share program rewards you for every new client you enroll within QuickBooks® Online Accountant. After a one-month free trial, your client receives a 50% discount for the next three months. You’ll receive a 30% revenue share for the first 12 paid months of the subscription.
Who is eligible for revenue share?
Currently available by invite only, U.S. QuickBooks Online Accountant firms are eligible to apply to enroll in the revenue share program.
What products qualify for revenue share?
- QuickBooks Online Advanced
- QuickBooks Online Plus
- QuickBooks Online Essentials
- QuickBooks Online Simple Start
- Payroll Elite
- Payroll Premium
- Payroll Core
You can attach a client to both QuickBooks Online and Payroll under revenue share.
We’ve begun rolling out this program to accountants, and hope to make it available to all of our customers by mid-summer 2022. Learn more
In a nutshell: We’ve streamlined the design of the reclassify feature used to sort and update client transaction details.
Updates to column spacing, scrolling, and pagination now sync with the rest of QuickBooks Online. Your workflow will remain unchanged. Learn more
In a nutshell: For the first time, pivot tables are now integrated in QuickBooks Online Advanced custom report builder. They provide summary data based on QuickBooks transactions.
With pivot tables, you can:
- Extract meaningful information from your custom reports quickly and easily.
- Increase speed and accuracy—no need to export data to a spreadsheet.
- Analyze data across any category in custom reports.
- Leverage enhanced reporting with the inclusion of summary reports.
How does it work?
- Starting with a custom report, select the pivot table button and choose the information you’d like summarized (rows, columns, and/or value).
- A summary report based on the fields chosen will be created.
- Toggle between the detailed report and pivot table, saving the report with the pivot table for future use.
In a nutshell: You can now easily access W-2s and allied forms through the tax center landing page. You’ll also receive in-product prompts on how W-2s should be handled (both for AutoTax ON and OFF), so you don’t miss key deadlines.
See how to print W-2s in QuickBooks Online Payroll in this video:
You can also opt to receive email reminders about W-2 timelines and tasks so you can remain compliant.
In a nutshell: With Intuit Practice Management software, you can manage all of your work and assign resources all in one place.
Benefits of Intuit Practice Management software include:
Complete visibility – Manage all tasks, assignees, statuses, due dates, and client info with at-a-glance dashboards and digital file folders to keep everything organized and on track.
Smooth collaboration – Work together with your team at maximum efficiency with email integration, real-time progress updates, shared checklists, and more.
Time-saving automation – Set automatic reminders for clients, schedule to-dos, and sync data and statuses with QuickBooks Online Accountant software.
Workflow optimization – Access customizable, pre-built templates (or create your own), so you can standardize processes and deliver consistent quality every time.
In a nutshell: New features in Intuit ProConnect Tax make it faster and easier for you to navigate a client’s tax return, so you can save time when moving from one form to the next while preparing client tax returns.
Jump to Input Improvements
- Go from tax form fields to input screen in one click on more fields than ever.
- View a summary of sources and values for fields with multiple inputs.
- View suggested tax forms to navigate to the next form based on common workflow patterns.
- New suggestions are updated each time you navigate to a new input screen, keeping you at peak performance.