QuickBooks Online New Features and Improvements – June 2017
Fire up the grill, slather on the SPF, and keep an eye out for the ice cream man—summer has officially arrived! Before you head out for some well-deserved fun in the sun, here’s a quick recap of this month’s enhancements and updates in QuickBooks® Online.
- Improved functionality for multi-user firms
- Employee self setup in QuickBooks Online Payroll
- New and improved custom statement tools
- Mobile payments and receive free bank transfers in QuickBooks Self-Employed
- Price increase notice
- In The Know webinar CPE Credits
- Google Calendar imports into QuickBooks Online invoices
Improved functionality for multi-user firms in QuickBooks Online Accountant
Hot off the grill and charbroiled to perfection, this series of feature improvements in QBOA makes it easier than ever for firms with multiple team members to manage, track and complete their work. All updates will be introduced to all QBOA firms gradually over the next 3 months.
- Easily assign a new Lead to client accounts. If a lead team member on an account leaves the firm, QBOA will prompt you to assign a new lead team member as the primary point of contact for the client, ensuring your access to the client’s account won’t be interrupted.
- Track team work in the QBO audit log. Enhanced audit log capabilities allow you to see which team member is working on each activity at a glance. In addition, your clients will no longer see ‘Your Accountant’ next to activities in the audit log—just the name of the firm.
- View and edit custom reports across the firm. With QBOA’s new reporting capabilities, all team members working with a specific client will be able to view and edit each other’s custom reports.
Employee self setup in QuickBooks Online Payroll
Spend more time by the pool and less time on your computer with employee self setup, now available in QBOP. Previously only available in QuickBooks Online Full Service Payroll, now QBOP users can invite employees to enter personal and tax info on their own. The result? Fewer data entry errors and more time to tackle other projects (and maybe even time to squeeze in one more chapter of that scintillating summer read).
The feature is currently available in 16 states, and will be available in all states soon.
New and improved custom statement tools in QuickBooks Online
Fashionistas and finance gurus, rejoice! Now your statements can be as stylish as your new swimsuit. We’ve given the custom statement tool a makeover, complete with a more efficient user interface and familiar look and feel. Customize your master invoice template with logos, colors, fonts and more, and statements are automatically updated to match.
Accept mobile payments and receive free bank transfers in QuickBooks Self-Employed
Cotton candy, funnel cakes, ring toss—summer carnivals require some serious pocket change these days. Get paid up to two times faster (and never miss a roller coaster ride) when you enable mobile payments in QuickBooks Self-Employed. Free bank transfers and Apple Pay compatibility make things easy for everyone, and you’ll even receive notifications when invoices are paid and the money hits your account.
Price increase notice for QuickBooks Online Plus and QuickBooks Desktop Payroll users
Price increases are about as fun as a mid-summer sunburn, but they’re necessary as we continue to invest in making QBO better for everyone. Starting July 22, 2017, the price of QuickBooks Online Plus will increase for existing direct subscribers. As of August 1, 2017, current QuickBooks Desktop Payrolll users including Enhanced Payroll for Accountants will see a price increase at their next monthly or annual renewal.
More information on the price increases for each product as well as Frequently Asked Questions can be found by clicking the links above.
Earn CPE credits when you attend the In The Know webinar
Take yourself to summer school and earn valuable CPE credits when you attend one of Intuit’s In the Know webinars, designed QBO and QBOA users. Starting June 22, you’ll earn one (1) CPE credit for each In the Know session, where you’ll learn all about new QBO features that’ll help you stay on top of your game.
Check out the schedule to view upcoming sessions.
Import information from Google Calendar into your QuickBooks Online invoice
Invoice with Google Calendar connects your QuickBooks Online account to your Google Calendar, making it easy to import calendar events into invoices. QBO will find and import event details including title, description, hours worked and date. All you’ll have to do is choose the events to include—no more double data entry. Best of all, the feature is free and works with all versions of QuickBooks Online.
Ready to try it out? Click here to get started.
That’s all for now! We’ll be back next month with more updates. Until then, stay cool—a quick run through the sprinklers should do the trick.