QuickBooks Online new features and improvements – November 2021
At QuickBooks®, we toast our accountant partners all year long. But as we celebrate International Accounting Day this month, we’d like to give some extra praise to all accountants out there. We asked business owners to share their experiences working with accountants, and it’s easy to see why they appreciate everything you do to make their dreams come true.
Now, let’s check out the QuickBooks updates that can help you do more for your clients.
New! Share QuickBooks updates with your clients – send them this link for QuickBooks Innovations.
What’s new in November
In a nutshell: The Mailchimp app for QuickBooks Online is a one-way sync that imports contacts and revenue data from QuickBooks into Mailchimp. Currently in beta testing, this app is the first joint effort of QuickBooks and Mailchimp, with more to come.
How it works: Sync your QuickBooks contacts and corresponding financial data into Mailchimp, where you can create segments, utilize automations, and personalize campaigns that help reach new and existing customers. This new integration cuts down manual data inputs, helping you work more efficiently so that you can focus on running your business. Learn more
In a nutshell: We’re expanding the Month-end review bookkeeping workflow to include Setup and Wrap-up, and renaming it to Books Review.
Setup helps you take the first step to delivering high-quality books and prevents rework during cleanup and monthly bookkeeping. Setup also makes it easier to review and adjust company settings. In addition, you can make adjustments to the opening balance, and sort out issues like disconnected bank accounts and duplicate charts of accounts.
Wrap-up lets you prepare and send a report package to your client and close their books, setting them up for another successful month-end review. Plus, the reports you create with Wrap-up can empower you to advise and guide your clients in strategic business decisions. Learn more
In a nutshell: We’ve reimagined how you capture missing information from your clients and collaborate seamlessly with your team, all without leaving QuickBooks.
Transaction Collaboration lets you request missing transaction-level information from Transaction Review in the Books Review workflow.
Simply send your client a request for missing transaction-level details within QuickBooks Online, and they can enter the information right in QuickBooks. You’ll receive a notification and can review the added information within Books Review.
The updated Client Request feature allows you to view and send requests from your clients’ books, ensuring all information is at your fingertips, right within your workflow. Access client requests from any tab within Books Review.
The updated Notes feature lets you create threaded notes with rich text formatting, so that you can collaborate seamlessly with your team and share visibility on important details. Learn more
In a nutshell: The QuickBooks Online Advanced app for Microsoft Windows is now available for download, and includes feature and performance improvements.
The QuickBooks Online Advanced app offers smarter navigation and enhancements that can speed up your workflow. With multi-tab and company switcher features, the app is also stabilized for power users spending several hours every week on QuickBooks Online.
The new app is a free add-on for all QuickBooks Online Advanced users. QuickBooks Online Accountant users can access their own QuickBooks Online and their clients’ QuickBooks Online via the QuickBooks Online Advanced app. Learn more
In a nutshell: The new Employee Expense Management feature, found under Bank/Receipts or Transactions, allows employees to submit expenses directly to QuickBooks for the admin or bookkeeper to readily review, and then reconcile into the books. Submitting expense reports and uploading receipts is now faster and easier than ever.
- Save time tracking employee expenses: Employees submit expenses with categories directly to QuickBooks for your review. Email notifications let you know when it’s time to review expenses.
- Keep complete records and reduce errors: Employees upload expense receipts, so it’s easy to find the information you need.
See it all in Advanced
- Review and track all employee expenses right in QuickBooks.
Real-Time Accounting CPE webinar – Moving online: What’s in it for you and your clients, and how to get there
In a nutshell: Learn more about why moving online can help you and your clients improve profitability and make better decisions.
In this webinar, accounting professional and ProAdvisor influencer Carla Caldwell will guide you through the process of moving your practice from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
- Learn the process for moving your practice from desktop to online
- Show the benefits of moving online to your team
- Discuss client conversation starters about moving online
- Calculate ROI for your practice and assess the upside of moving online
- Learn how automation can help you provide more advisory services to clients and help make them – and you – more successful
Upcoming webinar dates:
- Friday, Nov. 19, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. CT
- Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. CT
- Friday, Dec. 10, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. CT
In a nutshell: Intuit is providing QuickBooks ProAdvisors with a complimentary scholarship to participate in one Power Day produced by Woodard. This event provides accountants and bookkeepers with a variety of advanced bookkeeping services that can help elevate your role with your clients.
Apply your Intuit scholarship to any one of the following Power Day events:
- Financial Measurements Essentials: Learn skills and tools to provide your clients with operational intelligence, rather than just the usual monthly financial reports.
- Accounts Receivable Management: This course will help you manage your clients’ A/R, improve cash flow, and mitigate bad debt (i.e., write-offs). The hands-on exercises in this course focus on A/R measurements and management techniques.
- Cash Flow Management Essentials: Managing cash is the lifeblood of every business. This course is designed to educate and equip you with critical and essential cash flow concepts.
Who qualifies? QuickBooks ProAdvisors who support at least 3 clients with professional bookkeeping services and/or client accounting services.
How to participate:
Step 1: Visit the Power Day page on Woodard’s website.
Step 2: Select Enroll Now to choose your course.
Step 3: Complete the registration form using the coupon code INTUIT100PD.
Step 4: Watch for a confirmation email, which will include further instructions.
This is a limited time offer, and seating is limited. Scholarships will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Learn more