QuickBooks Online New Features and Improvements – October 2018
October is here, and so is our favorite holiday.
What’s that? Hallo-what? Never heard of it.
No, I’m talking about October’s real banner day for those in the accounting world: International Frugal Fun Day! Just saying it out loud makes me all tingly. Go on, give it a try.
Let’s keep the festive mood (and fiscal-themed fun) going by digging into QuickBooks® Online updates for this month:
- Keep your small business clients safer from identity theft and fraud
- Dynamic new features available in QuickBooks Online Advanced
In a nutshell: Lacking the data security of larger companies, your small business clients can make easy targets for identity theft. If criminals commit fraud or steal business funds, your clients could face financial liability and significant recovery time, or even risk bankruptcy.
Enter QuickBooks Detect & Defend powered by EZShield—a new service designed to protect your clients’ sensitive information and give them greater resiliency from threats.
How it works: With Detect & Defend, your clients get continuous support for their business’s private information, including but not limited to:
- Dark-web monitoring to catch threats to sensitive data.
- Immediate alerts to mitigate damage if data is compromised.
- Hands-on help from a certified U.S.-based Resolution Specialist if fraud occurs.
Explore all the features included with Detect & Defend here.
Note: Detect & Defend is not available to businesses in New York.
In a nutshell: In August, we rolled out a limited release of QuickBooks Online Advanced—a new offering for small businesses who have outgrown QuickBooks Online Plus.
We’re thrilled to reveal the two latest features to QuickBooks Online Advanced, aimed at delivering maximum control and efficiency for you and your fastest-growing clients.
- Import invoices: Drastically reduce busy work by importing data from hundreds of invoices at once—even if they were created outside of QuickBooks.
- Custom user permissions: Grant users access only to specific areas so you and clients can delegate work without sacrificing security and peace of mind.
- Smart Reporting powered by Fathom: Get dynamic reports and deeper insights with Smart Reporting powered by Fathom. Quickly and easily transform your clients’ QuickBooks data into dynamic reports to help make better business decisions – included in the cost of Advanced.
Dig into more detail on the latest QuickBooks Online Advanced features here.
While QuickBooks Online Advanced is a promising new offering, we encourage you to discuss it with your clients to figure out if it’s right for them. And please share your thoughts to help us keep making QuickBooks Online Advanced stronger.
That’s all for now, folks.
Until next time, as always, keep your feet on the ground…and your books in the cloud.