QuickBooks Online Payroll: Everything you need to know about transitioning to our new suite of products
Thank you for trusting QuickBooks® with your payroll needs. We appreciate your business and are committed to ensuring your success as we transition you and your clients to our enhanced suite of payroll products. This article will serve as a portal to keep you up to speed on timing and what to expect as you and your clients transition over the next few months. We encourage you to check back regularly for the latest updates!
Here’s what to expect:
- If your firm currently uses QuickBooks Full Service Payroll, your transition will occur on, or after, March 1, 2020. Your account will be upgraded to QuickBooks Online Payroll Elite, free of charge.
- If your firm currently uses QuickBooks Online Enhanced Payroll, your transition will occur after those on Full Service Payroll. This will likely start in April 2020, but the timing is subject to change. We’ll provide updated information by early March.
- Exception: If your firm also uses TSheets by QuickBooks, your transition will occur on, or after, May 1, 2020, regardless of which payroll product you currently use. We’ll provide additional information closer to that time.
Clients using QuickBooks Full Service Payroll:
- The majority of clients currently using full service payroll will transition on, or after, March 1, 2020. This includes both wholesale clients and clients billed by Intuit® (bill my client).
- All of your clients will receive notice of the upcoming transition via email approximately 30 days in advance of their “on or after” transition date. The notices sent to wholesale clients will not include any information on pricing, but it will include the product name change and the new features they will have access to.
- There are some instances where a client using full service payroll may not transition in March 2020. For example, if they also use TSheets, their transition will not occur until on, or after, May 1, 2020.
- There are also may be some instances where a client does not transition as scheduled, for example, if they are logged into the product at the time of the transition. We will ensure they transition with a subsequent wave.
Clients using QuickBooks Online Enhanced Payroll:
- Clients currently using QuickBooks Online Enhanced Payroll will transition after QuickBooks Full Service Payroll. We’ll provide additional detail on timing in February.
Summary of changes
Here’s a summary of changes your clients will experience during the transition from QuickBooks Full Service Payroll to QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium:
Product name change:
- QuickBooks Online Full Service Payroll will become QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium
New features available in Premium:
More information about these features here.
- Track time on the go with Premium time tracking by TSheets
- Access to an HR support center, powered by Mammoth
- Auto Payroll for clients with all salaried employees on direct deposit
New price structure:
- Base fee: $75/month
- Wholesale base fee: $37.50/month
- 50% off for lifetime of subscription
- Employee fee: $8/month per employee*
- Contractor fee: $8/month per contractor paid via direct deposit*
*If a client billed by Intuit (bill my client) has more than 10 employees or contractors as of Jan. 20, 2020, they will transition to an offer with discounted per employee/contractor pricing for 12 months from the date of their transition to QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium. Employees/Contractors 1-10 will be $8 per month, and 11+ will be $4 per month. After the first 12 months, the price will increase to the then-current price for employees and contractors. All wholesale clients will transition to an offer with the above discount for 12 months from the date of their transition. After 12 months, the price will increase to the then-current price for employees and contractors.
There’s nothing you or your clients need to do – we’ll monitor the transition closely to ensure there are no interruptions to your business or your clients. When you log in and click on the Workers tab for the first time after the transition, you and your clients will see a welcome message similar to the image below. At that time, you can choose to learn more, which will open up a new page with additional feature information, or you can dismiss the message. Regardless, you and your clients will have access to the additional information via the Notification bell for 30 days.
The updates summarized above will take effect for your clients on, or after, their billing date, starting March 1, 2020. For more information on QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium, as well as our new product, QuickBooks Online Payroll Elite, check out this page. Learn more about what you and your clients will experience in our Guide to QuickBooks Online Payroll: transition to new lineup.
Reminder: Your clients who are directly billed by Intuit (bill my client) may upgrade, manage, or cancel their subscription at any time by visiting Account and Settings and selecting Billing & Subscriptions.
You may upgrade, manage, or cancel subscriptions under the Wholesale Billing (bill my firm) option at any time by visiting Your Company and selecting Your Account. You can see more information on how to successfully transfer the billing to your client here.
We value your business, and your trust in our products and services means a lot to us. For more information on product and pricing changes, please refer to our FAQ page.
We look forward to continuing to serve you and will keep adding functionality you’ve been asking for that helps you do more with less in service to help you grow your practice and attract the right clients for you.
– The QuickBooks Team
Pricing: All fees are subject to tax, where applicable. Additional fees may apply for selected add-on services. The service includes 1 state filing. If you file taxes in more than one state, each additional state is $12/month for only Core and Premium.
TSheets time tracking: Additional fees may apply. Time tracking included in the QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Elite subscription services. Features vary. The TSheets mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. TSheets mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Elite subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
Auto Payroll: Available if setup for employees and the company are complete, all employees are salaried employees, all employees are set up on direct deposit, bank verification, e-services is enabled, all employees are located in the same state and the company is not a multi-state company, and the account has not been on hold in the last 6 months.
Expert Review is available upon request for QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium and Elite.