QuickBooks partner profile: Certum Solutions helps ScanOnline with reporting and warehouse management
Certum Solutions helped the growing enterprise wireless provider, ScanOnline, scale confidently with intuitive, right-sized reporting and warehouse management tools from QuickBooks® Enterprise Diamond suite.
ScanOnline is an enterprise wireless and mobility solutions provider serving companies across North America. The company’s success was presenting challenges familiar to many growing mid-sized businesses.
As ScanOnline grew, their existing ERP solution was struggling to meet their needs:
- Their existing solution was too cumbersome – unable to integrate critical third-party applications for managing sales tax, time tracking, payroll, and payments.
- Warehouse management was becoming time-consuming and inefficient.
- Inventory software had no way to differentiate drop-shipped items that shouldn’t be counted as inventory.
Lee Pickler, CEO, needed a simpler business solution that would enable streamlined business processes and higher productivity for his workforce. He needed an accounting software solution that would be flexible and intuitive enough to ensure quick and lasting employee adoption.
The Certum Solutions team worked side-by-side with Pickler to find a right-sized solution for ScanOnline’s growing needs. They applied their direct experience with manufacturing and warehousing solutions, as well as deep expertise helping customers roll out new tools, from start to finish, in ways that ensure high rates of adoption and user comfort.
“We conducted a series of discovery sessions with Lee that surfaced unique business needs we would not have known about or been able to solve with a less engaged approach.” – Katie Bunschoten, Certum Solutions
Certum led ScanOnline’s major team players through a comprehensive assessment, analyzing every screen in their current workflow, highlighting new capabilities offered by alternative software solutions, and detailing their impact on real-life user scenarios.
In more than 10 hours of analysis and expert guidance, Certum Solutions surfaced opportunities and solutions that Pickler didn’t know were available to him.
QuickBooks Enterprise Diamond suite was the decisive winner:
- Advanced Inventory solution with QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- QuickBooks Payroll.
- QuickBooks Time for time tracking.
- Rich selection of third-party app integrations.
- Customizable report, project profitability, and tax capabilities.
- Unified dashboard.
- Intuitive interface accessible from work or from home, easing employee adoption.
QuickBooks Enterprise brought more than powerful inventory management features; it gave ScanOnline easy-to-adopt tools in an intuitive interface.
For Pickler, the ability to employ QuickBooks Payments, and seamlessly integrate QuickBooks Time and Avalara, made for big wins, as did knowing that a robust marketplace of third-party integrations would help ScanOnline grow and expand without changing accounting systems. The Certum Solutions team coached ScanOnline through the training, rollout, and adoption processes to ensure their investment in the new system didn’t fail in the most critical stage: end-user adoption.
Within four months, Certum Solutions’ high-touch approach and expertise had guided ScanOnline through discovery, planning, and a successful rollout. And, as a Certum customer, ScanOnline gets the ongoing benefit of knowing that help from an expert with deep knowledge of their needs and solution environment is just a phone call away.
At a glance
- Certum Solutions is an Advanced QuickBooks Solution Provider helping small and medium businesses scale in competitive environments; the firm specializes in the manufacturing and distribution industries.
- ScanOnline Data Solutions is a leading provider in enterprise mobility solutions, enterprise networks, and advanced data collection.
QuickBooks Solution Provider (QSP): Certum Solutions
QSP specializations: Manufacturing and distribution
QSP applied expertise: Consulting, set up and training, implementation, app integration, and reporting
Location: North Carolina
Industry: Enterprise wireless and mobility solutions
Solution: QuickBooks Enterprise Diamond suite, including QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, QuickBooks Payments, and QuickBooks Payroll
Key add-ons: Avalara and QuickBooks Time