QuickBooksOnline Updates: February 2016
Here’s is the latest QuickBooks® Online release notes for 2016.
Starting values are now editable. If you added an inventory item in the past, QuickBooks created a starting value transaction that couldn’t be edited. In response to your feedback, you can now edit this transaction! This is useful when you need to adjust the start date, initial cost, quantity, or inventory adjustment account of an inventory item. For instructions on how to edit an inventory item’s starting values, see the help topic Adjust an inventory item’s starting value.
Include SKU Information on These Inventory Reports:
- Sales by Product/Service Detail. Reports > All Reports > Review Sales > Sales by Product/Service Detail > Customize > Rows/Columns > Group By SKU or Change Columns.
- Purchases by Product/Service Detail. Reports > All Reports > Review Expenses and Purchases > Purchases by Product/Service Detail > Customize > Rows/Columns > Group By SKU or Change Columns.
- Product/Service List. Reports > All Reports > Manage Products and Inventory > Product/Service List > Customize > Rows/Columns > Change Columns.
- Inventory Valuation Detail. Reports > All Reports > Manage Products and Inventory > Inventory Valuation Detail > Customize > Rows/Columns > Change Columns.
- Transaction Detail by Account. Reports > All Reports > Accountant Reports > Transaction Detail by Account > Customize > Rows/Columns > Change Columns.
View the register in ledger style. Based on your feedback, you can now view the register in traditional ledger style – with the oldest transactions at the top and the newest transactions at the bottom. This includes being able to add a new transaction at the bottom of the list. Registers > Table gear > Paper Ledger Mode.
Access QuickBooks Online from your mobile browser. Yes, we do have a QuickBooks iOS app and a QuickBooks Android app, but you can also access QuickBooks Online from your mobile device, including pinch and zoom. Just go to https://qbo.intuit.com in your mobile browser!
- Inventory tracking is available in QuickBooks Online Plus only, and requires this setting turned on: Gear > Company Settings > Sales > Products and services > Track quantity on hand.
- Currently, you can only adjust starting values of inventory items created after our November 2015 release. We’re working to support starting value adjustments for older inventory items. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience!
- QuickBooks Payroll lets you pay employees in QuickBooks Online. Learn more.
- To try updates using sample data, check out the QuickBooks Online test drive.
- Missed any recent QuickBooks Online updates? See our updates archive.