Recertification 2021 is now open!
The window to recertify is April 19 through June 30, 2021
Act quickly – The first 2,000 ProAdvisors® who complete their recertification by May 14, 2021, will receive a QuickBooks-branded gift!*
Change happens faster in a cloud ecosystem than it ever has before. Freed from annual product release cycles, we’ve been able to increase our speed and innovation in ways that weren’t possible 10 years ago. The QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program was founded in 1997 to enable advisors to be the best point of support for their clients, backed by support and training from Intuit®. Our dedication hasn’t changed, but our methods have.
A few years ago we introduced annual recertification, one of the best ways in which we keep ProAdvisors up to date with what’s happened in the product since their last exam. With feedback from you, we’ve learned a lot to help us continue – enabling us to evolve and fine tune this process. The recertification window is from April 19 through June 30, 2021, aligning with the accountant annual calendar and our product release schedules. Beginning in April allows us to make sure the certification is up to date with new features we’ve launched in the first few months of the year, and gives us a clear cut-off for what information makes it into the next year’s full certification, which we release at the beginning of November.
Who has to recertify?
If you passed your recertification in 2020, or took the full certification before Nov. 1, 2020, you are required to pass the exam by June 30, 2021 to retain your certification status. If you certified on or after Nov. 1, 2020, you’ll be required to recertify in 2022. The best way to verify your status is in the Training tab. Sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant, in the left-hand navigation, under Your Practice, choose ProAdvisor, and Training.
The 2021 recertification will only be visible if you need to recertify.
What if I passed the Advanced Certification on or after Nov. 1, 2020? Do I need to recertify this year?
The recertification requirements are based on your highest level of certification, so if you completed QuickBooks Online Certification (sometimes called Core Certification) prior to Nov. 2020, and QuickBooks Online Advanced after November, you are set until the next recertification season in 2022!
Do I need to take two recertification exams (QuickBooks Online Certification and QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification)?
No. If you are QuickBooks Online Advanced Certified prior to Nov. 1, 2020, your exam will include both levels of recertification. One exam recertifies you in both certifications.
Where do I access the recertification exam?
The certification exam can be accessed in the Training tab. Here’s how to get there:
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- In the left navigation, under Your Practice, choose ProAdvisor, and then Training.
- If you are required to recertify, there will be a new Your QuickBooks Online Recertification Requirement category with the training and exam for your certification status.
- The exam will be available April 19, 2021, through June 30, 2021, 11:59 pm, PT.
When can I access recertification?
The certification training and exam will be available in your Training tab from April 19, 2021 through June 30, 2021, 11:59 pm, PT.
When do I need to complete the recertification?
You must pass all sections of the exam by 11:59 pm, PT, on June 30, 2021. We recommend starting the certification as soon as you are able.
What’s the best way to prepare for recertification?
We have many ways to support your education to prepare for the exam. First, sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant. From there:
- See the live webinars that are available in QuickBooks Accountant University
- Self-paced modules are in your ProAdvisor Training tab (sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant, choose ProAdvisor in the left-hand navigation and then select Training)
- Join Intuit experts and your peers at the upcoming Certification virtual conference: May 10-12, 2021 – Register here
How long does the recertification exam usually take?
Your familiarity with QuickBooks Online will heavily influence the time it takes for you to certify.
Is there a limit to the number of tries I get to pass the exam?
Yes; after three unsuccessful attempts, you are locked out of the recertification exam for 10 days (this only applies to the recertification exam). This enables you time to study the sections you didn’t pass and try again. For this reason, we recommend that you begin the recertification exam at your earliest opportunity.
- Offer applies to the first 2,000 QuickBooks Online Recertifications successfully passed between April 19, 2021 and May 14, 2021 (11:59 pm, PT)
- Only available for U.S. shipping addresses.
- You must provide a current shipping address when prompted once you pass the certification exam.
- Items will be shipped within four weeks, U.S. only.