The Dos and Don'ts of Replying to Reviews on Find-a-ProAdvisor
By now you know that online reviews are essential for generating new client leads on Find-a-ProAdvisor and other sites, but getting your clients to write reviews is only part of the equation. Responding to your reviews, both positive and negative, is also important in shaping your brand online. And now, by popular demand, you can reply to reviews on Find-a-ProAdvisor.
How it works: Select the Profile icon on the menu bar of QuickBooks Online Accountant, and scroll to the “Client reviews” section.
Now, beneath each review you will see a “Reply to review” button:Click on the “Reply to review” button to open a comment box and write your response. It’s that simple.
Your replies will go through our standard approval process and post in about 48 hours. Once approved, your response will appear beneath the review, helping maximize your profile and attract ProAdvisor perusers to your firm.
Why does replying to review matter?
In addition to demonstrating your awesome customer service, your responses can add additional details to what your clients write, giving potential clients important information that could help them to choose you when searching for an accounting pro.
Replying to positive reviews:
Yes, you should respond to positive reviews! First off, it’s easy to do. Who doesn’t like receiving compliments? Also, it makes your positive review go from a simple comment to an engaging conversation. That’s great content for your future clients to see when they land on your Find-a-ProAdvisor profile. Here are some general guidelines:
- Be polite – thank your client for their review to your business.
- Include your business name in the reply as it can help boost your SEO rankings.
- Overlook the importance of replying to positive reviews!
Replying to negative reviews:
This part gets a bit trickier. A little bit of tact goes a long way. Before responding, remember that negative reviews are actually valuable as they provide a sense of legitimacy to your collection of reviews. They also provide an opportunity for you to strengthen your business moving forward. Finally, remember that your prospective clients will be able to read between the lines and take them for what they’re worth.
In replying to negative reviews, you should have two objectives in mind. First, if the concerns are actionable and legitimate, you can take this opportunity to rectify the situation. Second, you want to show visitors to your profile that you care about your clients and strive to provide the best service possible.
- Apologize and acknowledge their feelings. Saying “I’m sorry you had a bad experience” shows empathy without necessarily accepting blame.
- Invite the client to contact you to address their challenges. Please note that including personal contact information in your reply is not permitted on Find-a-ProAdvisor, but you can recommend they call you on the number listed above on your profile or use the contact form.
- If you were in the wrong, explain how you will prevent this from happening in the future.
- Provide excuses or insult your client. This will only anger the writer of the review, and is also a huge red flag to potential clients.
- Write a long response – being concise demonstrates your level-headedness and minimizes the impact of the negative review.
What if the review is wrong or unjustified?
If you disagree with your client’s assessment, the best thing you can do is to reply to the review using the guidelines above. If you believe the review to be in error, including reviews not meant for your profile, review our guidelines and process on these Find-a-ProAdvisor FAQs.
Not yet listed on Find-a-ProAdvisor?