The NEW QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant 2018 is Here!
QuickBooks® Desktop Enterprise is the preferred Accounting/ERP system for growing small- to medium-sized businesses that demand more capacity than what QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier and QuickBooks Online can provide.
Why? The typical Enterprise user has in-depth payroll job costing and management, custom reporting, larger database files, and comprehensive inventory management needs. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Accountant 2018 has arrived, and it is the perfect solution for accounting professionals and QuickBooks software consultants who want to support these businesses!
Released in September, the new Accountant Edition includes the following new features:
- Multi-Monitor Support* – You can now expand QuickBooks across two or three monitors, respecting the maximize rules per screen! And, there’s a keyboard shortcut, CTRL+ALT+N, to toggle any window across screens. Also, CTRL+ALT+M toggles the multi-monitor feature on/off.
- Copy/Paste Line Shortcuts – CTRL+ALT+Y and CTRL+ALT+V.
- Past Due Stamp – This can now be added to invoices, and the user can now decide which invoices, if any, get the stamp.
- Search in Chart of Accounts – Finally, we can search and filter searched results in the chart of accounts by account name or number.
- Cash/Accrual Toggle – On reports, you can now quickly toggle between cash basis and accrual basis on any report without having to click on Customize Reports. This saves two clicks.
- Stay Logged-In Preferences – This gives you the option to stay logged in up to 90 days, without having to enter the password to get into QuickBooks.
- Secure Webmail Support – For users of Gmail and Hotmail, you can now use the secure protocol that allows you to use these email services via QuickBooks to email forms and report.
- Inventory Report Improvements – Now, you can add additional columns for Inventory Valuation Summary and Inventory Stock Status Reports.
- Ability to Switch Editions on the Fly – You can toggle with one click to Wholesale & Manufacturers, Contractor, Professional Services, Retail and Non-Profit editions.*
- Ability to Work in an Accountant’s Copy and send client the changes.*
- Send General Journal Entries to the client or other QuickBooks Enterprise user.*
- Merge Vendors – This is a great new feature that allows you to merge up to four vendors in a single swoop, and consolidate the entire history of multiple vendors, as if it were just one vendor. This is great for duplicate vendor cleanup.*
- Mobile Picking with an Android Device – This allows the back office team to send orders to the warehouse team with instructions of which sales orders to pick through a mobile device via WiFi. The warehouse can then notify the back office team that a sales order has been partially or fully picked and ready for shipment, all via the mobile device without touching QuickBooks.**
- Mobile Barcode Scanning – With a special Android device that has a built-in scanner, the warehouse team can also scan the barcodes of the product while it’s being picked to confirm that the right product and quantities are being picked for shipping.**
*Only available on QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Accountant Edition
** Only available on QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Accountant Edition and Platinum Edition
For more information about this release, you can visit the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Accountant Website, or call Intuit’s® direct line for accountants: 1-888-236-9501 (press 4, then 3).