Everyone loves to get paid, but for your clients, paying their teams can be stressful and time consuming. From ensuring timesheets are correct to calculating payroll taxes—and everything in between—there’s a lot that can go wrong if your clients do it alone.
That’s where you come in. No one knows your clients better than you. Whether they run payroll themselves or need help from pros like you, you’ll find QuickBooks Online Payroll gives you both a more consistent, accurate payday.*
QuickBooks Online Payroll is automated and reliable, giving you more control and flexibility. Not only will clients know their payroll is done right; you’ll also have more time to focus on advising them, growing their businesses, and growing your firm.
How QuickBooks Online Payroll works
QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Online Payroll work seamlessly together to help your clients manage their business and pay their team in one place, under one sign-in.*
We understand that getting started with a new payroll solution can be overwhelming. If your clients prefer to run payroll on their own, QuickBooks Online Payroll Core covers the basics. Available in all 50 states, this plan allows them to pay their employees and contractors using direct deposit or by paper check, and have their payroll taxes done for them. The two upper-level payroll plans, Premium and Elite, offer powerful tools and services such as tax penalty protection, same-day direct deposit, time tracking, expert review, and expert setup.
Find out which Payroll subscription is right for your client with this Product Finder Quiz and match clients with a personalized plan that is just right for them.
Help clients save more with your preferred discount**
Add the QuickBooks Online Payroll subscription that fits your client, plus take advantage of exclusive discounts for you and your client with ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing.**
Advanced features to support your clients
Having payroll integrated into QuickBooks accounting means your data flows into reports, making QuickBooks a one- stop shop for all your accounting needs. Payroll is run in the same spot your clients manage their books. No syncing, importing, or manually re-entering payroll data needed.
- Worry-free taxes: We’ll automatically calculate, file, and pay your client’s payroll taxes—Accuracy guaranteed.1
- Tax Penalty protection: With our Tax Penalty Protection in Elite, we’ll resolve filing errors and pay penalties for up to $25,000, regardless of who caused the error.1
- Same-day direct deposit: In order to keep their cash longer, your clients can pay their employees with same-day direct deposit.*
- Run payroll automatically: Clients can create their own pay schedule and set payroll to run automatically after initial setup.*
- 1099 E-File & Pay: Create and e-file 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC forms. Copies are sent to contractors automatically.*
- Trusted time tracking made simple: Your clients will get automatic time tracking that syncs with QuickBooks Online Payroll for seamless business management. Your client can easily manage their team and approve payroll when you're ready.* (Included with Premium and Elite subscription)
- Setup done for you: With Premium and Elite, our payroll experts will review your clients’ payroll setup once they provide necessary information, so they can pay your team right away. With Elite, you can also have an expert do it for your client so you’ll know it’s done right.*
Benefits for growing teams
Help clients unlock big business benefits on small business budgets. Attract and retain top talent when your clients access employee services with QuickBooks Payroll, including HR support, workers’ comp, health benefits, and 401(k) plans.*
- HR Advisor: With QuickBooks Payroll Premium, clients can easily access HR resources; Payroll Elite adds the ability to talk with an HR advisor.*
- Health benefits: QuickBooks partnered with Allstate Health Solutions to offer medical, dental, and vision insurance nationwide. They also offer free benefits administration.*
- 401(k) plans: Access affordable retirement plans by Guideline that sync with QuickBooks Payroll.*
- Workers’ comp: Save money and get coverage for on-the-job injuries. Find the right policy for you with Next Insurance.*
- 24/7 expert support: Get troubleshooting assistance, help, resources, and callback support, day or night.*
Want to learn more about how QuickBooks Online Payroll can support your client’s needs?
Get certified in QuickBooks Online Payroll today. Not only will you have an in-depth look into the QuickBooks Payroll platform; you will have access to risk and compliance training that will help you more confidently provide payroll services for your clients.