Q: What regions are affected by these increases?
A: The pricing shown here affects U.S. customers only
Q: What if I currently have an existing discount or promotion?
A: We will honor any special pricing through the duration of the promotion. Once the promotion lapses, the relevant price increase will go into effect.
Q: Why are you increasing prices now? What value do I get from this?
A: While price increases are never easy, they’re necessary to continue to deliver the products, services, and support you and your clients need today, and in the future.
Based on increasing demand, and our mission to help our customers thrive, we are accelerating our investment in QuickBooks Online platform products. Some highlights of recent QuickBooks Online improvements resulting from our investments include:
- Improved QuickBooks Online speed and maintained 99.9% uptime for the last 12 months.
- Improved customer support agent knowledge requirements.
- New templates for recurring transactions, such as invoice and payments, that are now available for your clients who use QuickBooks Online Simple Start, Essentials, Plus, or Advanced.
- A new single, convenient place to upload and manage any type of employee document for Payroll clients, reducing the need to scan and maintain piles of paper.
- The new multi-vehicle manager in QuickBooks Online Self-Employed allows businesses with more than one vehicle to track mileage and expenses in QuickBooks Online Self-Employed.
- New Client App Manager in QuickBooks Online for Accountants offers better visibility, management, and control of the apps connected to your clients’ accounts, all in one place.
- The ability to permanently delete clients in QuickBooks Online for Accountants is now easier and more accessible from the client list.
- Standalone QuickBooks Time and Contractor Payments are now included in the “Add client” workflow so you can pass along your ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing.
- Non-sufficient funds (NSF) hold on the Accountant’s QuickBooks Online Payroll account will no longer impact your clients. Your clients’ can continue to run payroll, pay taxes, and use their account with no added confusion or stress.
- Improved migration workflow and new onboarding guides for moving clients from Desktop to QuickBooks Online and Payroll.
In the coming months, you will also see many new and updated improvements across the QuickBooks Online platform. See more key enhancements we’ve made over the last year: QuickBooks New Features and Innovation.
Q: How long until the pricing changes again?
A: Price increases aren't tied to a calendar schedule. All customers impacted by a price change are notified by email. We’ll continue to give you advance notice of any changes we make to your pricing.
Q: Doesn’t this price increase cut out the small businesses that you’re trying to help get started? How does QuickBooks plan to support these businesses?
A: Today, 50% of small businesses fail within the first 5 years. We’re working to help more small businesses grow and thrive—and we’ve declared the goal that we’ll improve the success rate of all small businesses on our platform by ten percent over the national average by 2025. And we’re proud to say that 69% of small businesses on the QuickBooks platform survive beyond their fifth year.*** The QuickBooks platform provides tremendous value to small businesses with access to a connected, AI-driven expert platform that gives them access to capital, banking services, payroll, payments and more - all of which when combined has a direct impact on improving the success rate of small businesses around the world.
Q: How can I migrate from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online? Where can I learn more about migrating?
A: QuickBooks Online provides many benefits over desktop. Migration from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Online Advanced is easier than ever. We now have an improved migration process that helps your clients discover the flexibility of QuickBooks Online faster. No need to start over again - just move your desktop file to a QuickBooks Online company.
Only available through July 31, 2023, take advantage of our exclusive, limited-time discount for accountants and get more than 60% off for the next two years**. Learn more about Moving your QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online or call us at 888-241-3279 for a personalized migration consultation.
Q: I’m not yet ready for QuickBooks Online. How can I migrate to QuickBooks Enterprise?
A: QuickBooks Enterprise is a great choice for product-based businesses that have inventory and are looking for enhanced visibility and control to help power a growing business. Learn more about migration to Enterprise.
Q: How is the reseller program pricing changing?
A: Reseller pricing should reflect the same discount as ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing. For additional reseller information and to learn about promotions, please email email@example.com.
Q: Who can I contact if I have any additional questions about these changes?
A: If you have more questions regarding these changes, please call 1-800-4-INTUIT.