On June 1, 2021, we sent the following email to ProAdvisors® regarding the upcoming price changes and the introduction of the ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing program.
A message from Ariege Misherghi and Ted Callahan, on behalf of the QuickBooks® Accountant team:
You are our valued partner, and we are reaching out to provide advance notice of upcoming pricing and promotional changes.
What is changing
QuickBooks Online Essentials, Plus, and Advanced prices will increase:
- On July 15, 2021 for all new subscriptions.
- On or after Aug. 1, 2021 for existing client-billed subscriptions.
- On or after Sept. 1, 2021 for existing firm-billed subscriptions (current wholesale discount).
The wholesale discount will be discontinued. We are launching a new discount program.
- The QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Payroll, and QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) wholesale discount is being discontinued for new subscriptions, upgrades, and downgrades on July 15, 2021.
- We are launching a new discount program called ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing. Discounts from our new program will apply for new customers, upgrades, and downgrades added through QuickBooks Online Accountant beginning July 15, 2021.
Wholesale discounts for active subscriptions added prior to July 15, 2021 are not changing.1
What will these changes enable?
For the past eight years, the wholesale discount program has provided unmatched QuickBooks Online discounts as a way to thank you for recommending QuickBooks to your clients. The new ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing program will continue to offer you industry-leading benefits, including our only ongoing discount for QuickBooks.
We understand that this is the kind of news that’s never easy to hear. The bottom line is that retiring the wholesale discount program is necessary in order to deliver the product and support you and your clients need today, and in the future. We’ve recently released innovations, such as performance center with industry benchmarking, month-end review, payroll insights, advisory training, and more. And, to help you better manage your firm’s own financials, we upgraded Your Books, giving you access to QuickBooks Online Advanced and QuickBooks Online Payroll Elite with QuickBooks Time, for free.
We’ve also heard how important it is for you to have quality support when you need it. We are actively increasing the number of experts on our accountant support team, improving our caller recognition, and expanding expert knowledge across payments and payroll to help you get quick and reliable answers. These changes will enable additional improvements to how we support you.
QuickBooks Online pricing updates
Prices for QuickBooks Online Essentials, Plus, and Advanced are changing as follows: