Business owners are struggling with mental health, due to the increased pressures of running a business during COVID. As a small business owner, it’s important that you take care of your mental health.
- As a small business owner, taking care of your mental health is important if you want to sustain your business. Many times, this means committing to a specific range of hours to give yourself time to focus on other things and recoup.
- What are some ways to take care of your mental health? Finding a therapist, getting outside exercise, and even volunteering are just a few ways.
- Journaling can improve mental health. But if you’re a small business owner, it’s hard to find the time and energy for this task. Nevertheless, it’s important to make time. You can journal many ways. You can have a book and write in it, or you can verbally journal, using tools such as Otter.ai to transcribe your audio.
- It can be hard for small business owners to take care of their mental health because they are constantly comparing themselves with others. It’s important to recognize that everyone is different.
- Loneliness is one of the biggest problems among self-employed people. It can be quite difficult to find a therapist that understands your unique situation and works with your budget. Many people simply don’t have the time, energy, or money to go through this process.
- Being in nature can be relaxing. Try taking a walk, or just go to a park and read a book. I know I love to read a book in my back yard, which is quite private. Being outside can give you a sense of peace and composure.
- Social support is a key aspect of mental health, which can improve your overall well-being. While it may be difficult to be social in person, there are still safe ways to do so. Another option is to connect virtually with your friends.
Take care of yourself – until next time.