As an accounting practice grows, a series of changes will be required to scale to meet the needs of your clients. One of the most important areas of growth accounting practices cannot ignore is assessing technology needs. What changes are necessary not only for your firm, but for your clients as well?
Migrating clients from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online is a crucial next step to unlock the benefits, potential business opportunities, and improvements for your clients. However, evaluating what technology changes are necessary for growth is only the first step. Navigating how to implement a change is often where the process stalls.
- How much time will this change take?
- What preparation is required?
- What is the lift for my team?
- How do I communicate with clients through the process?
Your peers can help.
We interviewed a group of experienced accountants who successfully migrated their clients from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online, and along the way identified several key areas and ideal methods that are crucial for a practice to successfully migrate their clients.
From these conversations, we developed three helpful downloadable resources to best prepare your teams and clients for migration:
1. Ensuring success in your client migrations: Experienced accountants share the key approaches to successful migrations, as well as show a high-level view of the stages of migration so you can plan with confidence.
2. A tactical guide to migration for accountants: A detailed step-by-step guide to follow in the pre-conversion, conversion, and post-conversion stages to ensure your client migrations are accurate and there are no surprises.
3. Moving to QuickBooks Online: Created for your clients, this resource outlines what they should expect during the migration process, as well as the expected benefits. This piece will set expectations for your clients and instill confidence in the process. It is also customizable with space for your logo and/or notes.
All three resources are available for download here.
The benefits of QuickBooks Online are clear. However, just knowing the benefits isn’t enough to move a client seamlessly through the process. Knowing what to expect and how others have approached this challenge helps ensure a successful migration experience.
QuickBooks professionals can help you identify key benefits to moving to QuickBooks Online and help make the processes easier for you. To speak with a member of our team, schedule a free consultation.