QuickBooks Desktop pricing questions
Q: Is there any additional value accompanying the latest Desktop price increase?
A: QuickBooks Desktop is a highly developed, robust product that includes dozens of recent improvements made to the product. This includes a major performance overhaul (64-bit enhanced computing power), multiple time-saving automation features (Receipt/Bill entries), and security enhancements. This year, Accountants and your customers will also benefit from the addition of a new cash flow hub, which helps improve visibility into cash flow by monitoring inflows and outflows in a single dashboard. More information to come as part of our anticipated September release.
Q: How did you decide what the new pricing should be?
We remain committed to providing best-in-class products and pricing for our valued accountants and their clients. Pricing reflects the value the product provides and takes into account other offerings that are comparable in the marketplace.
Q: What is the most affordable way to utilize the benefits of QuickBooks?
A: With the QuickBooks Online discount offered to accountants, customers can get QuickBooks Online at a lower annual price than QuickBooks Desktop.
Q: Do you offer multi-user versions? What is the pricing for additional users?
A: Yes. Each unique user requires a license. Each license is sold separately. All copies of QuickBooks must be the same version-year. Pro Plus allows up to 3 paying users ($200 per additional user). Premier Plus allows up to 5 paying users ($300 per additional user). ProAdvisor Bundles are single user licenses only. Accountants needing additional licenses may contact sales to purchase a standalone subscription to QuickBooks Desktop Accountant Plus.
Q: Why are you ending accountant discounts for QuickBooks Desktop products?
A: We are modifying our QuickBooks Desktop discount policy to encourage businesses to evaluate both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, determining which product is the right fit based on business need. Many small businesses are choosing QuickBooks Online over QuickBooks Desktop as they realize the flexibility and mobility benefits of being on a connected, online platform. And while we continue to support QuickBooks Desktop and the customers using these products, we are accelerating our investment into QuickBooks Online platform products.
Q: Many customers will no longer be able to afford QuickBooks. How does QuickBooks plan to support these businesses?
A: We’re working to help more small businesses grow and thrive – and we’ve declared the goal that we’ll improve the success rate of all small businesses on our platform by ten percent over the national average by 2025. QuickBooks Desktop provides tremendous value to small businesses, with dozens of improvements made over the last year and more to come this year, including new cash flow and expense management tools, which has a direct impact on improving the success rate of small businesses around the world.
Q: Where can I learn more about the QuickBooks Online changes?
A: For questions and answers related to the QuickBooks Online changes, visit our QuickBooks Online FAQs here.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll pricing questions
Q: What is the Payroll price change?
A: QuickBooks Desktop Enhanced Payroll will receive a price increase on the “Per Employee” fee portion of the subscription to $5 per an employee a month.
Q: Who will be impacted by the Payroll price change?
A: All Enhanced and Basic users as follows:
- New Enhanced Payroll subscribers starting Oct. 1, 2022.
- Existing Enhanced and Basic Payroll subscribers who pay per employee will be impacted by the per employee price change starting October 1, 2022. Invoices for October payroll usage will reflect the new pricing.
- Existing Enhanced and Basic Payroll subscribers on older pricing plans (currently do not pay per employee fee) will be moved to the current web-published pricing plan with $5 per employee fee per month and no additional charge for direct deposit. This change will take effect on the renewal date starting in 2023.
- Enhanced Payroll Plus is changing from Enhanced Payroll without monthly employee fee + QuickBooks Pro or Premier version protection to Enhanced Payroll with monthly employee fee + QuickBooks Pro or Premier Plus starting in 2023
- Note: QuickBooks Enterprise Gold and Platinum subscriptions include Enhanced Payroll and there’s no charge per employee fee each month and are not impacted by this pricing change.
Q: What Payroll pricing options do QuickBooks Desktop users have?
A: For some customers with 10+ employees, it may be more economical to upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise, Gold or Platinum, which includes Enhanced Payroll and preferred per employee pricing. See here for more Payroll details.
Q: Why are you increasing prices on Payroll?
A: The price increase will match the price increase on QuickBooks Online Payroll Core which will also be $5 per employee a month. The reasons behind the price increase are:
- Simplifying our payroll offerings allows customers to compare our products/services across our ecosystems.
- Align with industry standards for pricing on Direct Deposit, QuickBooks Workforce, eFiling, etc.
- Retain affordable pricing by raising the per-employee fee instead of the base subscription fee.
Below is the QuickBooks Online Payroll Core price for reference.