What is a #RecipeforSuccess? Developed by QuickBooks ProAdvisors®, the #RecipeforSuccess campaign provides key ingredients and steps for your clients’ small businesses to achieve success. Search “Recipe” to find related articles on this site, and join the conversation on Twitter: #RecipeForSuccess.
Master Chef: Jennie Moore, 2016 Firm of the Future Finalist for Canada.
Enhancing any bookkeeping engagement starts with listening to your clients, understanding what they want and serving up the apps they need to quench their appetite. As a good chef, you want to explain the benefits of what is available and recommend good selections for their tastes.
Here is a batch of apps I have whipped up for you to serve with your main course of QuickBooks® Online in your favorite venue, QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- QuickBooks Online Accountant
- Plooto (US) or Plooto (Can)
- QuickBooks Full Service Payroll
Step 1: Set Up Hubdoc to Collect the Ingredients
- Set up the client with Hubdoc’s mobile application, so that they can capture receipts on the go.
- Establish online vendors and banks with Hubdoc’s automatic retrieval service to save time for you and the client.
- (Optional) Customize the email address so that vendors can automatically send invoices to Hubdoc.
- (Optional) Sync your Chart of Accounts with the tagging feature in Hubdoc, so that your clients can indicate the account code when submitting a receipt using the mobile app.
- (Optional) Install ix100 or ix500 Fujitsu Scansnap Scanner for larger organizations. The client presses a button and poof! The receipts are in the Hubdoc portal ready for you to process.
Step 2: Blend in Plooto to Manage Receivables & Payables
- Paying your clients’ bills is now easier by using Plooto, which integrates with QuickBooks Online, and the invoices captured through Hubdoc. Simply select the vendors you want to pay and forward that to your client for approval.
- Get paid is a snap by using Plooto’s Request a Payment feature. The accounts receivable module is synced with Plooto so that you can easily request a payment from a client.
- (Optional) Set up recurring payments to vendors (e.g., Rent), or recurring deposits from clients, if you are a value pricing Individual with a fixed monthly fee.
Step 3: Set the Timer With TSheets to Collect Employee Hours and Process With QuickBooks Full Service Payroll
- Collect hours using the TSheets Mobile app for employees with mobile devices, or set up the Kiosk TSheets app, for organizations that require an electronic punch clock.
- Integrate TSheets with QuickBooks Full Service Payroll.
Step 4: (Optional) Next, Mix the Batch Using SaasAnt
Perhaps, your clients have a unique bookkeeping setup in which their CRM or Point of Sales system does not sync with QuickBooks Online. Don’t worry! SaasAnt is a wonderful tool that acts as a magic wand to import your information into QuickBooks Online.
Step 5: Keep All of Your Client “Recipes” Organized by Using Karbon
Keeping your workspace clean is important. Karbon is a wonderful tool for keeping your workflow organized. With its integration with Office 365 and Gmail, your email can act as a ticket system to resolve client issues and easily delegate to a team member. Perfect for a virtual practice.
What are some of the apps in your #RecipeForSuccess? Go to apps.intuit.com to go “shopping” for new ingredients!