Third-Party Developers and Strategic Partners Fuel QuickBooks Growth
As small businesses turn to the cloud in record numbers, Intuit® is putting third party developers and strategic partners at the center of the global expansion of the QuickBooks® Online platform.
A new Intuit study of small businesses in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia shows a dramatic increase in cloud, app and mobile usage among small businesses over the past two years:
- 62 percent operate their business in the cloud, up from 37 percent.
- 68 percent use apps, up from 50 percent.
- 63 percent run their business with a smartphone, up from 43 percent.
As the global leader in cloud accounting with over 1.5 million subscribers worldwide, QuickBooks Online is at the center of the movement of small business to the cloud. There are already over 1,200 apps on the QuickBooks Online platform, of which over 400 are published in the QuickBooks Apps Store, and 800 are private integrations.
“QuickBooks Online is the platform of choice because it is the best cloud accounting solution for small businesses, the biggest marketplace for developers, and the best collaboration tool for accountants,” said Vinay Pai, vice president and head of Intuit Developer Group. “As we expand the platform globally, we know that we can deliver amazing experiences for our customers by creating the best end-to-end financial magement system. Our developers and partners play a huge role in building this ecosystem – they help us create innovative and useful tools that help small businesses flourish.”
Fueling Developer Success
In a keynote address to 500 leading small business developers at the third annual QuickBooks Connect conference, Intuit outlined a strategy for global success rooted in continual innovation within QuickBooks Online, and the contributions of developers and strategic partners. Intuit’s three strategic priorities for fueling developer success are:
- Highest Quality Workflow Integrations: Intuit is the only cloud accounting solution with a UI platform that can enable truly seamless workflow integration of apps into QuickBooks. Intuit is currently pioneering a series of planned integrations with TSheets and Bill.com that combine data and UI integration to deliver a seamless experience to small business users. Intuit will build on the success of these integrations to deliver experiences that matter most to the 1.5 million small businesses that use QuickBooks Online. By focusing on delivering the best outcomes – and value – to customers, these integrations are build so users are not aware when QuickBooks end and third-party integration begins.
- A Best-in-Class Developer Experience: New functionality, such as WebHooks, can save developers time and money by notifying them when customer data has changed in QuickBooks. Developers such as InvoiceSherpa have leveraged this technology to save their customers up to hundreds of dollars on their monthly hosting costs. Intuit will continue to deliver an unmatched experience for developers by providing them with the right tools and support every step of the way.
- Fueling the Long-Term Growth of Developers: As the global leader in cloud accounting with the largest customer base, QuickBooks Online provides the best opportunity for developers to make money, reach global customers and grow their business. Developers and strategic partners are a core component of the Intuit’s global expansion of QuickBooks. As QuickBooks grows, so does the opportunity for developers to monetize and expand globally.
The $100k Small Business App Showdown
For the last several months, developers who entered the Small Business App Showdown have been busy engaging their social networks to promote and gain attention for their apps, which were launched after January 1, 2016 on the QuickBooks Apps Store (Apps.com). While the votes rolled in, the apps were also judged on their quality of integration, innovation, and market impact. Those criteria, combined with the vote tally, their Apps Store app card ratings, and the number of connections to QuickBooks Online subscribers, were used to select the 10 finalists.
The winner, Share a Refund, was unveiled by Intuit CEO, Brad Smith during the closing remarks of QuickBooks Connect main day on October 25, 2016.