*Due to accountant feedback on some additional features needed, we are postponing the migration. Please check back for new date in early 2024.
After months of improving the Modern View reports based on client and accountant feedback, we are thrilled to announce that we will be starting to migrate all of our old reports to Modern View Reports. This means that you will no longer have the ability to go back and forth between the two views. We know that change takes time to get used to, so this process will happen gradually over the course of a year.
We believe that this change is necessary to improve the quality of our reports and provide a better experience. Modern View will offer a more user-friendly interface, improved functionality, better load times, and faster development of new reports.
What are the key dates?
We are migrating the 140+ reports gradually through July 2024 for QuickBooks Online Simple Start, Essential, and Plus; the number of reports varies depending on your package. Every month, we will update a group of reports, while some reports that are not used will also be deprecated. You should see early in-product notification when a report is scheduled to migrate. We will also keep this page updated as we get close to each date and provide you as much information as we can below:
In 2024, we will start by removing the old reports and move to Modern View for the following seven reports:
- Check Detail Report
- Open Purchase Order List by Vendor Report
- Purchases by Class Detail Report
- Purchases by Location Detail Report
- Purchases by Product/Service Detail Report
- Purchases by Vendor Detail Report
- Transaction List by Vendor Report
What improvements have you released on Modern View?
We have released several features and fixes to make sure your transition is as successful as possible. Here are some highlights that have launched and are coming soon:
For all QuickBooks Online products:
- Expanded view of detailed reports and financial statements.
- Compact viewing modes along with collapsible headers to get more space focused on reports.
- Optimized design for more efficient scanning and better readability.
- Real-time data across all Standard Reports.
For QuickBooks Online Advanced only:
- Convert reports into charts instantly and create personalized dashboards.
- Convert reports into pivot tables.
- Choose from 500+ columns from 22 business entities when creating new reports from scratch or customizing any Standard Report.
- Ability to create complex, multi-line filters.
- Grouping reports by up to three columns.
Where can I learn more about Modern View and this change?
You can find out more on this change here.
We understand that there may be concerns about this change and want to assure you that we are here to help—and commit to continue improving the feature. If you have any questions or need assistance with the migration process, please do not hesitate to contact us or leave feedback here. Our team is here to support you every step of the way.
Thank you for your continued support. Leave us your feedback if you have any questions or comments.