Do More With Client Explorer
Client Explorer is the advanced database tool for ProFile® that helps you view and manage your clients and files. With Client Explorer, you can create custom filters that let you open, carry forward and batch EFILE tax returns, and export and print information on your client and their tax files.
The first time you save a new client file, Client Explorer automatically adds a record for that client to the database. And whenever you make a change to a client file, ProFile updates the record for that client.
Client Explorer benefits include:
- Faster network access: Client Explorer works on standalone workstations or small networks, and also provides faster access for larger offices that share a database over a network.
- Client-centred records: You see a client’s files and returns in one place. Client Explorer groups files for the same client in a single client record, regardless of the type or year of the file.
- Customized views: You can use filters to quickly and easily change how you view your files and which files you view by setting and personalizing Client Explorer views.
- Intuitive batch functionality: You can use filters to view only the files you need, select all the visible files, and then select an action from the Database menu or from a right-click menu.
- Access to client details: You can use Client Explorer as an address book or contact list. You can also change client addresses in Client Explorer without affecting previously-filed returns.
How to set up Client Explorer for a sole practitioner:
- Click Options-> Database.
- Select the Client Explorer radio button.
- Click Setup Wizard.
- Click Use Client Explorer and in the following window, click Not o indicate that you are a sole practitioner.
- As a sole practitioner, select the first radio button and click Next.
- Finally, click Finish.
How to set up Client Explorer for a shared database:
- Go back to the Setup Wizard, and click Yes at the prompt about working with different people.
- In a following window, click the second radio button to make the computer a shared database.
- Name your shared database, click OK to accept any Windows prompts (such as ProFile Privilege Elevation).
- Click Finish to complete the process.
There are many different use cases for Client Explorer. Be sure to check out this tutorial to learn more: