Don't Miss These Key Sessions at the 2017 IPBC IGNITE Conference
If you’re a bookkeeper in Canada and attending the 2017 IPBC IGNITE Conference taking place from Wednesday, Sept. 27, through Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017, we hope to see you there! This conference is a great opportunity – one that can boost your efforts in moving your accounting business to the next level.
Intuit® is a Platinum Sponsor of 2017 IPBC IGNITE and has a vested interest in each attendee benefiting from the full spectrum of training, networking and collaboration that this conference promises. Stop by our booth anytime during the conference – our team would very much enjoy visiting with you! We hope you’ll take time to come see us at our booth. We would also encourage you to visit the booths of our app partners, who will be identified at the show.
Our team is excited to be a sponsor of Canada’s largest association of bookkeepers (IPBC) and to share our knowledge of tax, software, technology and best business practices, as well as profit from the expertise of the other sponsors and speakers that will be participating with us. With this in mind, we want to make sure you don’t miss the following key sessions that will be beneficial for you and your business.
Sessions, Events and Keynotes Not to Miss
Multiple business sessions, trainings, tradeshow, meals and entertainment fill the conference; here are the sessions and keynotes that you won’t want to miss. You can consult the schedule to find the specific days and times for each of these.
- Your Firm is a Valuable Asset: Andrew Wall of Wall CPA will talk through how you can set yourself up for retirement by preparing your firm for sale.
- The Top Apps for any Bookkeeping Firm: Tammatha Denyes of TD Accounting Services will share the top apps that she and her team use each day, and how your own firm can benefit by adopting them.
- Why Adding Tax to your Repertoire is a Good Idea: Tracy Lampron of Lampron Bookkeeping Services will make a case for adding tax services to what your firm offers, and how her own firm has benefited from this.
- Top 5 Tax Tips for Tax Year 2017: Susan Watkin of Watkin Small Business Services will walk attendees through her top 5 tips for tax year 2017; come and learn from her expertise.
- What’s New in QuickBooks® Desktop Editions: Esther Friedberg Karp of CompuBooks Business Services is a QuickBooks Desktop wizard. Don’t miss this session to learn about all the new benefits in our latest version.
- Onboarding your first QBO client: Jennie Moore of Moore Details Bookkeeping will give a detailed, step-by-step roadmap for getting your first client onto QBO.
- The QuickBooks Online Roadmap: Scott Zandbergen of Intuit will share where the product team is heading for future updates and releases for QBO.
- What are the Apps You Need Every Client to Use? Marnie Stretch of Think QuickBooks will share her must-use apps for clients, with the goal of making everyone’s lives easier and more productive.
- TSheets Certification 2.0: What’s New in TSheets & How to Use your PRO Membership to Become a Firm of the Future: Dan Buckingham & Misty Megia of TSheets will give the lowdown on the recent updates, as well as how using TSheets sets your firm up for becoming a Firm of the Future.
- Excel Magic – Alan’s Favourite Tips & Tricks: Alan Salmon of K2 Enterprises is an Excel wizard. Come and learn from his years of experience, and implement the shortcuts and tricks he’s acquired along the way.
- Automating Bank Reconciliations: Yoseph West of Hubdoc will share how you can alleviate a lot of time and headaches by using Hubdoc with your clients.
- ProFile Tax Software: Michael Ford of The Ford Group is an industry veteran. Don’t miss his session all about the ProFile Tax Software.
- Optimizing Google Chrome – Your Cloud Accounting Best Friend: Kellie Parks of Calmwaters Cloud Accounting shares how she puts Google Chrome to use in her firm, and how it’s become her cloud accounting best friend.
- What’s New in QuickBooks Online – Parts 1 and 2: Juliet Aurora of AIS Solutions and Tammatha Denyes of TDA Accounting Services will go into detail about what just got released in QBO, as well as how to put these new features to use in your firm.
- How to Move your Practice to the Cloud: Much has been said about why you ought to start migrating over to the cloud. Join Intuit’s Martin Fecko, Matt Kanas and some excellent ProAdvisors as they tell you all about the how, in practical terms.
- The Changing Role of the Bookkeeper: Join QuickBooks Product Leader Scott Zandbergen, as he takes you through what you need to know about bookkeeping in the era of the cloud. He’ll be joined by leading-edge ProAdvisors who will cover the implications in practical terms.
In addition to these sessions, you won’t want to miss our Platinum Sponsor Exclusive Event, A Night Under the Stars, happening Wednesday night. More details will be unveiled at the conference, but I can tell you it will be a fun evening! I look forward to seeing you there.
Don’t miss 2017 IPBC IGNITE!
Are you prepared to stoke the fires of success? Do you recognize the importance of keeping up with continuous technological advances and tax regulations? If so, the team at Intuit hopes that you’ll not only attend 2017 IPBC IGNITE, but also make time to visit with us while you’re there. We’re ready to help you move your business forward!