Intuit Launches Global Search for 2018 Firms of the Future
Intuit® QuickBooks®and ProConnect™ Group want to recognize how your firm helps small businesses thrive as part of the 2018 Firm of the Future contest.
We are inviting bookkeeping, full-service accounting and tax firms based in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States and, for the first time, India, to enter for a chance to win the coveted title of Intuit QuickBooks Global Firm of the Future. Firms that embrace technology innovations are encouraged to enter, and new this year, firms are also asked to include a story of how they have helped a small business client overcome a challenge and achieve success.
Participating firms and the small business clients named in their submissions will have a chance at over $135,000 USD in prizes, including cash prizes and an all-expense paid trip to Intuit’s fifth annual QuickBooks Connect conference, Nov. 5-7, 2018, in San Jose, Calif., where the grand prize winner will be announced on stage.
In addition to cash and prizes for contest winners and runners up, Intuit QuickBooks this year will also be making a donation to Kiva.org (up to $25,000 USD) during the public voting phase of the contest that determines the global winner.
How to Enter
Firms have until Aug. 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m., ET, to enter by going to this website: http://intuit.me/FOTF2018.
To submit an entry, firms will need to answer the following questions (in 200 words or fewer) to demonstrate why they deserve to be named the 2018 Global Firm of the Future:
- How many small business clients do you serve for accounting, bookkeeping and/or tax needs?
- What percentage of your small business clients use QuickBooks Online?
- Explain how you save time for your firm and your clients by leveraging cloud-based accounting technologies, including QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant and any third-party applications.
- Describe what advisory services you perform on behalf of your clients to help them avoid pitfalls and identify growth opportunities. Please include how technology and the products you use play a role in your ability to deliver these services.
- Tell us how your firm is leveraging the web, digital marketing and social media to interact with clients, reach new prospects and grow.
- Share a story of how you have leveraged cloud-based accounting technologies (including QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant and/or any third party applications) to help a specific client prosper and achieve success.
In addition, firms will need to upload one photo that best exemplifies how it is a Firm of the Future.
Finalists and Voting
One finalist from each country will be announced in August 2018, as well as 10 runners-up, regardless of location. Intuit will then provide a videographer and producer for each finalist to create a video entry highlighting what makes their firm a Firm of the Future. All five videos will be available in an online gallery for public voting Oct. 16-31, 2018. As a bonus, for every vote and social share that takes place during the voting period in October, a donation will be made to Kiva.org (up to $25,000 USD). Kiva is an international nonprofit based in San Francisco, California that invests in entrepreneurs from underserved communities around the world who are looking to create a better future for themselves, their families and their communities.
The top five global finalists and the small businesses identified by each firm will each receive a $5,000 USD cash prize, as well as one ticket and all-expense paid trip to attend QuickBooks Connect San Jose. The grand prize winner and the small business they support will be revealed on the main stage and receive additional cash prizes of $25,000 USD and $15,000 USD, respectively. Up to 10 runners-up will be awarded a cash prize of $2,500 USD, and the small businesses identified by each runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of $1,000 USD.
So, think your firm has what it takes to snag the top spot? Enter by Aug. 12, 2018, and join the conversation using #QBFirmOfTheFuture!