QuickBooks Online Advanced: Growing With – and for – Our Customers
Our driving passion is for you and your clients to feel confident in choosing to run your business with QuickBooks® at any stage in the life and growth of your company. Everything we have developed within QuickBooks derives from listening to you. It’s built for you, by you, and we want it to grow with you.
Along the way, as we’ve built QuickBooks, your must-haves have included automatic integration, more productivity and deeper insights as your clients’ businesses grow.
The new QuickBooks Online Advanced, based on your feedback and input as well as those from small businesses, is painstakingly designed for fast-growing businesses who need more functionality as they expand in revenue or complexity.
With the development of QuickBooks Online Advanced, rather than upgrading to costlier mid-market tools, we can meet the needs of these businesses – providing a holistic business management tool that helps a small business gain deeper insights, save more time, and customize usage as their business quickly grows.
A QuickBooks Online Advanced business is:
- Scaling and finding that more people need access to the books, with varying levels of access.
- Experiencing an uptick in transactions and now needs to process hundreds or even potentially thousands of invoices.
- Finding there are unique requirements, reporting complexity or bill-pay needs that exceed current technology.
QuickBooks Online traditionally wasn’t built to solve for these levels of need, which translated into a scenario where small businesses might have had to look for something else. We firmly believed we could create a solution for small businesses that meets their growing needs at a significant cost benefit to them compared with other offerings they might find in the market. QuickBooks Online Advanced is that solution.
Since launching in October, we’ve already added new functionality to QuickBooks Online Advanced based on your feedback. Key features included are:
- Custom user permissions: Manage data access and delegate use of product features for optimized productivity.
- Batch invoicing: Batch hundreds of invoice transactions at a time by importing a .CSV file.
- Smart Reporting powered by Fathom: Transform your data into dynamic reports, advanced analytics, and deeper insights (a value worth $39/month).
- Priority Circle Membership into a program only for QuickBooks Online Advanced customers that provides dedicated account support when you need it.
New features that will begin rolling out in QuickBooks Online Advanced in March include:
- Enhanced Custom Fields: Small businesses can utilize multiple field types, which are translated to reporting throughout the books.
- Third Accountant User: Small businesses will soon be able to add up to three accountant users (other versions of QuickBooks Online enable only up to two). This exciting new benefit will help you and your team be better positioned to meet the specific needs of your small business clients.
- Additional Custom User Permissions: Custom user permissions gives small businesses selective access to work in one or more areas, such as sales transactions, expense transactions, sales reports, expense reports and bank deposits. It also allows small businesses to configure permissions dozens of different ways to manage access to sensitive data. Selected access for sales transactions such as invoices or estimates will also be introduced.
As part of this addition to our product portfolio, on April 10, we will begin implementing a change to QuickBooks Online subscriptions with new usage limits for all QuickBooks Online Simple Start, Essentials, Plus, and Advanced customers that better match the capabilities of our products. These tiers reflect our desire to make sure your clients are working with the plan that’s the best fit for them. Yet we understand that change is hard. Rest assured the usage thresholds reflect the very best value you’ll find in the marketplace. You can learn more about the new structure and how it impacts your clients’ businesses here. We think you’ll find the new levels align with the life and growth stage of your clients.
QuickBooks Online was first introduced in 2001. What’s developed since its inception – thanks to your dedication, community engagement and feedback – goes beyond any accounting software program. It’s become your small business clients’ hub. And now for our Advanced users, it is a business management platform to help operate and grow their business – a smarter tool for those who need more and want more.
We’ve created a test drive account so you can experience some of the features and functionality in QuickBooks Online Advanced – take it today.
We’ve also created a video that shows you how Advanced can work for small businesses. You can check it out here: